The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Gaborik at the deadline

Merci

Heard on team 1040 today that Gaborik hates Ohio and wants out asap. Rumour is he wants to play for Torts who he was a 2 time 40 goal scorer with and doesn't like the East or Central regions to live in, wants to try west coast living with a familiar place (Demitra), and see how it is visiting the west coast teams.

Wants a cup as well.

CLB retain 3.5 million of Gaborik's salary

Canucks trade

Jensen

Schroeder

1st

Booth(New Start, New team, East conf)

Gaborik

Sedin Sedin Gaborik

Burrows Kesler Kassian

Higgins Santorelli Hansen

Archibald Richardson Weise

2014:

Sedin Sedin Gaborik

Burrows Horvat Kesler

Shinkaruk Gaunce Kassian

Higgins Richardson Hansen

Santo

Archie

Edler Garrison

Hamhuis Tanev

Stanton Bieksa

Corrado

Wants a cup as well.

Then why'd you make this proposal?

Just kidding, I wouldn't want him since he is a UFA but if he will re-sign I'm all in for it, and if he does re-sign I like your deal, but I would want a 3rd or 4th back since he I want some draft picks back so we can mantain a decent prospect pool. I would like the deal to be around 3-4 years and 5-6 million.

Sedins-Burrows

Gaborik-Kesler-Shinkaruk

Higgins-Horvat-Kassian

Richardson-Santorelli-Hansen

This is something I can dig for 2014-15. Looking at it for the 2014-15 season, take out Gaborik move everybody up one then the vacant 4th line spot will probably go to one of Sestito, Weise or Archibald. Where will Jensen or Schroeder fit?

Jensen, Schroeder, and maybe Gaunce can be some pretty decent trade bait if we want to move into a semi all in position.

Always thought he disliked Torts(conveniently tweeted something along of the lines of "things happen for a reason" when Torts was fired) but some of his best seasons did come under him. Maybe he's had a sudden change of heart?

Anyways, in theory, I would love the move as it addresses a big hole in the forward lineup. Not willing to pay a lot though for just a few months and then have him leave.

We're at the stage where picks and prospects should be kept unless a sure thing comes up that will help us long-term.

Heard on team 1040 today that Gaborik hates Ohio and wants out asap. Rumour is he wants to play for Torts who he was a 2 time 40 goal scorer with and doesn't like the East or Central regions to live in, wants to try west coast living with a familiar place (Demitra), and see how it is visiting the west coast teams.

Wants a cup as well.

CLB retain 3.5 million of Gaborik's salary

Canucks trade

Jensen

Schroeder

1st

Booth(New Start, New team, East conf)

Gaborik

Sedin Sedin Gaborik

Burrows Kesler Kassian

Higgins Santorelli Hansen

Archibald Richardson Weise

2014:

Sedin Sedin Gaborik

Burrows Horvat Kesler

Shinkaruk Gaunce Kassian

Higgins Richardson Hansen

Santo

Archie

Edler Garrison

Hamhuis Tanev

Stanton Bieksa

Corrado

I'd rather keep my first and eat a shade more of his salary. But if I recall he's injured and could be injured for a while, didn't like playing under Torts and is as injured as often as Booth is or Havlat. Not worth the loss for such unknown return especially when we still don't know about Jensen and Schroeder yet

Archived