The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kanye West's New Video, Worst of All-Time?

Raoul Duke

If this isn't the worst video/song ever made, post some of your all-time lows.....

From the wiki article about this video. ......

"Despite its major success, the single is sometimes associated with the end of Squier's superstardom due to the music video, often described as one of the worst ever. It shows Squier putting on a pink tank top and making effeminate dance moves around a bed with pastel-colored satin sheets. Many viewers who saw it thought Squier was gay, or on drugs."

Then there's this gem which taught the world that no matter how tough your facial expressions you're never going to look cool playing "air keyboards".

wouldn't he need to actually show up to be able to sell it out?

and he's been riding his previous greatness, his new stuff is absolute crap, i don't know how anyone can listen to it anymore. though some of the stuff he did with jay-z was good.

him not showing up and not rescheduling speaks more to Vancouver's irrelevance than Kanye's

anyway, "i liked the old stuff, the new stuff is crap" is kind of just a meaningless hipster thing to say.

saying he's "riding his previous greatness" on the other hand, does mean something, but it's kinda just wrong imo. his setlist is almost entirely made up of new music (last two albums), and his entire persona and image is totally different from his pop rap Late Registration/808 period. how is he riding it?

you seriously think Gold Digger, Sierra Leone, anything from 808s or Watch the Throne holds a candle to a song like New Slaves?

you got some sugary taste, if so

100x this. saw it yesterday it was so cool

I didn't realize it was interactive when I first watched it, but you can actually "change the channels" while the video plays.

EDIT: Here it is for when people get tired of looking at Kim's breasts in the shadows.

http://video.bobdylan.com/desktop.html

I like the Price Is Right and Pawn Stars channels. If only they had a channel where Kim does the motorcycle thing but lip sync Bob Dylan...

wouldn't he need to actually show up to be able to sell it out?

and he's been riding his previous greatness, his new stuff is absolute crap, i don't know how anyone can listen to it anymore. though some of the stuff he did with jay-z was good.

Kanye's a grade-A douche, but Yeezus is easily my favourite album of the year. Both it and My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy are miles beyond anything else he's produced IMO. He was just churning old well-produced but generic club hits in the aughts, what he's doing now is boundary-pushing and really interesting. And that's not a minority opinion. He's more of a critical darling now than he's ever been.

That video was legitimately terrible though.

I enjoyed most of My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, I can't stand Yeezus. but to each their own, i guess. pushing boundaries for the sake of pushing boundaries (especially when pushing into the boundary of crapland) isn't exactly something I regard as Interesting...

Archived