The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

This team could easily be at top of West

Canucks_fo_life

Howdy Canucks Nation, just decided to pop in with some optimism during the franchises longest winless streak since January of 2009.

How many times during this 5 game losing streak were the Canucks outplayed? I think barely even once, if you wanna count the last bit of the 3rd period last night. These guys have created scoring chances galore, but haven't been able to finish at the rate of past Canucks teams.

I personally find this team more entertaining to watch. They've outshot and outplayed teams this year than they've been outplayed. The effort is there, and the goals will come. How many times in the past have we seen lazy Canucks teams call it a night in the 3rd period down a goal or two? We're losing 1 goal games when we've clearly been the better team.

The Canucks could easily be at the top of the Western Conference right now if not for superman like goaltending from the likes of Anaheim, Dallas and Florida. Let's not forget the countless posts Vancouver has been hitting. That San Jose game, we were a minute away from a regulation victory if not for one of the flukiest breaks you'll ever see in hockey.

They're a measly 6 points out of 1st place in the Western Conference and the NHL for that matter. Yeah they can make a trade and and improve, but this is a playoff team, no doubt in my mind.

The only difference this year is that so many other teams are keeping pace as well and are much improved, hence the standings, which is very tight from 1st to 10th place. I also wanna mention that Luongo and Lack have been absolutely great, they'll be a huge the rest of the way for us. Once we get that 1 win to get out of this funk, they'll start piling up wins and points, we've seen this before.

Keep your heads up Canucks fans, our October blues just decided to pop up in November, thats all.

I'm actually glad the team is losing right now because it allows us to truly diagnose the problems before it is too late - see last couple of years when we all think we are fine and then BAM! Playoffs hits and we were gone before we even knew what happened

I am still optimistic about how we are only 6 points behind Blackhawks.. However I have made peace with the fact that we are no longer a contending team - at least not with this current team personnel.

Will a healthy Schroeder help? Maybe, because I don't see Kesler as a center any more, he simply needs a playmaker to be effective(whether that playmaker is on wing or center), and having Schroeder will allow us to have Henrik, Schroeder, Santorelli and Richardson down the middle... But I will reserve judgment until I see this team actually score some goals.. The efforts are there( most of the time), they just need to dig deeper for that finish

I'm actually glad the team is losing right now because it allows us to truly diagnose the problems before it is too late - see last couple of years when we all think we are fine and then BAM! Playoffs hits and we were gone before we even knew what happened

Will a healthy Schroeder help? Maybe, because I don't see Kesler as a center any more, he simply needs a playmaker to be effective(whether that playmaker is on wing or center), and having Schroeder will allow us to have Henrik, Schroeder, Santorelli and Richardson down the middle... But I will reserve judgment until I see this team actually score some goals.. The efforts are there( most of the time), they just need to dig deeper for that finish

I agree and if Booth picks it up and starts throwing the body atleast we could be one of the top teams again.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Higgins-Schroeder-Kesler

Hansen-Santorelli-Kassian

Booth-Richardson-Weise

I agree and if Booth picks it up and starts throwing the body atleast we could be one of the top teams again.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Higgins-Schroeder-Kesler

Hansen-Santorelli-Kassian

Booth-Richardson-Weise

Personally, I'm still waiting to see this line up

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Burrows Schroeder Kesler

Higgins Richardson Hansen

Booth Santorelli Weise

I think this would give us most balance throughout our entire line up... And I think that if anyone is going to have success with Booth, it will be the guy who he skated with while he had his career year - Santorelli ... However with the way Santo has been playing I doubt he will drop to 4th line....

So for this line up to happen.. We need a few things to happen. Kassian continues to develop and suddenly emerges (see Bickell of last year playoffs), Schroeder stays healthy and show us his vision, creativity and passing skills he showed last year are not flukes, and Santorelli finally come back down to earth and Richardson outplays him for that 3C spot

Here is to my wishful thinking xD

I have no problem with how we have been playing except for the last game. I honestly think that we are still a shoe in for a playoff run and a decent one at that. You can blame puck luck etc but at the end of the day it was just failure to finish off the games, the scoring will come.

Archived