The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Does this team remind you of the 2007 team?

DontTouchMeGuys

I see a lot of striking similarities to the 2007 (AV and Luongo's first season) version of the Canucks.

1.) The amount of one goal games we're in.

In 2007 we were amongst the league leaders in one goal games by the end of the season. In a way it's a good thing because the experience helps us out in tight games.

2.) Lack of scoring

Although the Sedins emerged as point per game players, Naslund and Morrison had significant drops in stats. We managed to get by Dallas in the first round because of good performances by Linden, the Sedins, and Luongo, but it was our lack of scoring that had us fall to Anaheim in 5 games.

3.) First year coach

4.) Grittier style of play.

Any other similarities you guys see?

I've been actually pondering loose parallels to the 94 team.... Mediocre regular season. Underdogs who bolstered by some trades (pending?) and sheer grit and determination squeek in to the playoffs slowly grinding their way to the finals...

Stay tuned...?

I've been actually pondering loose parallels to the 94 team.... Mediocre regular season. Underdogs who bolstered by some trades (pending?) and sheer grit and determination squeek in to the playoffs slowly grinding their way to the finals...

Stay tuned...?

We had a young team in 94... this team we got now ain't young.

We had a young team in 94... this team we got now ain't young.

This teams not old either. Our core players are in their prime. But will soon be out of it. We would have to get a legitimate sniper if we want any hope in the playoffs. By legitimate I don't mean marcel goc, shawn matthias, or any of those complimentary type players. i mean real difference makers.

I see a lot of striking similarities to the 2007 (AV and Luongo's first season) version of the Canucks.

1.) The amount of one goal games we're in.

In 2007 we were amongst the league leaders in one goal games by the end of the season. In a way it's a good thing because the experience helps us out in tight games.

2.) Lack of scoring

Although the Sedins emerged as point per game players, Naslund and Morrison had significant drops in stats. We managed to get by Dallas in the first round because of good performances by Linden, the Sedins, and Luongo, but it was our lack of scoring that had us fall to Anaheim in 5 games.

3.) First year coach

4.) Grittier style of play.

Any other similarities you guys see?

I was thinking the exact same thing. Even though everything isn't similar as that team there sure are a lot of similarities. I remember how tough it was for us to score in past and how we out battled the opponents (especially Chicago series) and lost games.

This team reminds of last years team, but with a better coach.

Haha! You nailed it my friend. That's about it. We're not very good anymore, just ok, our first 2 lines are pretty much the same, just older.

We're going to suck hard in 2 years or so, so enjoy the ok team (with new coach) we have right now.

Archived