The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2014 WJHC Pool [League Is Full]

AriGold

Is this a snake draft? ie. 8th pick picks first in the 2nd round?

Oh, and I'm not sure how much mercy you guys are willing to show for whoever picked Drouin, but:

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie2m

"@CH_WillyPalov: Drouin has a possible concussion." Early yet, but possible WJC implications.

Willy Palov@CH_WillyPalov1h

Erne just slammed Drouin face-first into the glass. Weegar comes to his defence, but Drouin goes straight to the dressing room.

Willy Palov@CH_WillyPalov58m

There are 5 minutes on the board for Erne so it looks like he is done for the night - checking from behind major+game misconduct, I assume

I don't think it was that as much as a close, heated game and he saw their best player. Drouin does need to protect himself though

The guy took like 10 strides to hit Drouin square in the numbers. No movement from Drouin, he was in the same spot for 2-3 seconds...

If you pause the video at 7 seconds you see Erne coming from the faceoff circle full board looking to hammer the name Drouin. He was following Jon that shift and finally saw his chance and took it.

The guy took like 10 strides to hit Drouin square in the numbers. No movement from Drouin, he was in the same spot for 2-3 seconds...

If you pause the video at 7 seconds you see Erne coming from the faceoff circle full board looking to hammer the name Drouin. He was following Jon that shift and finally saw his chance and took it.

He glided into the hit, not "taking 10 strides". I agree it was an ugly hit, but if you're Drouin you need to be aware of the situation, and especially as a guy a team is going to key against, protect yourself from something stupid like that.

I see a suspension that could affect his WJC eligibility if the suspension is over 5 games, as we went through this last year with Stefan Noesen suspended by the OHL during the time of the tournament.

He glided into the hit, not "taking 10 strides". I agree it was an ugly hit, but if you're Drouin you need to be aware of the situation, and especially as a guy a team is going to key against, protect yourself from something stupid like that.

I see a suspension that could affect his WJC eligibility if the suspension is over 5 games, as we went through this last year with Stefan Noesen suspended by the OHL during the time of the tournament.

:picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard:

smaller_HS_normal.JPGWilly Palov@CH_WillyPalov8m

Confirmed: Adam Erne will not receive a suspension. Same for Nick Sorensen. League changed Sorensen's match penalty to a major/game.

Archived