The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC STHS Hockey League (Season 5)

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Bryzgalov as a Vezina finalists speaks volume of the randomness in this game

cringe-worthy along with godly attributes :picard:

Before I traded for him at the start of sths I PMed VC asking if he was going to fix Bryz's rating and he said something like no, he has already been rated.

I thought it was kind of crazy then, but it's too late to change it now.

That said, STHS Bryz deserves the Vezina this year, so don't not vote for him just because he has weird ratings.

Pleased to be nominated as GM of the year also having the first year new head coach Dale Hunter up for Jack Adams and first year rookie Jakub Vrana up for the Calder.

Beginning of the year, was surrounded by a lot of scrutiny regarding the moves made and the direction the team was headed. Glad it has turned out as envisioned and now looking at it was the best plan for where the team was at the time. Has led to now being able to open the door to surround the promising youth with more experienced players via trades and such and hopefully make a strong push this upcoming year as a contender.

Bryz is rated fairly. This game started two years ago (right?) when Bryz was still a top 10 goalie in the league. You can't just pull a 180 with his rating because he isn't good anymore IRL.

I think a lot of people in the sim get confused and think the ratings now should reflect how the players are in real life now. That's not how it works. It started in 2012, and now the ratings are primarily based on their STHS performance.

Bryz's ratings were probably still a little high, but the STHS Brzy and current RL Bryz have nothing to do with each other.

I think a lot of people in the sim get confused and think the ratings now should reflect how the players are in real life now. That's not how it works. It started in 2012, and now the ratings are primarily based on their STHS performance.

Bryz's ratings were probably still a little high, but the STHS Brzy and current RL Bryz have nothing to do with each other.

Exactly. We also got to remember that this upcoming season is 2016/17 so players in the sim have progressed or regressed and obviously Bryz has just gotten better.

With the emergence of some of our young defensemen, a couple of veteran blue-liners are on the block. Got a few offers on Mike Richards, will likely move him soon so if anyone is interested now is the time to PM me.

you're up in the draft btw

Before I traded for him at the start of sths I PMed VC asking if he was going to fix Bryz's rating and he said something like no, he has already been rated.

I thought it was kind of crazy then, but it's too late to change it now.

That said, STHS Bryz deserves the Vezina this year, so don't not vote for him just because he has weird ratings.

oh no doubt it just looks extremely weird seeing Bryz as a legit goaltender lol. you lucky dog

Yea, I used to think that too but think I get it now. One thing I'd like to clear up though is when rerates happen, can you base it off how players are doing right now on RL like say Bishop has progressed or has that ship passed and is it basically available for your young players yet to play in the STHS system/game/league but doing better in RL than here?

Yea, I used to think that too but think I get it now. One thing I'd like to clear up though is when rerates happen, can you base it off how players are doing right now on RL like say Bishop has progressed or has that ship passed and is it basically available for your young players yet to play in the STHS system/game/league but doing better in RL than here?

I believe what was decided last offseason, was if a guy has been in the system for multiple years, and an established nhl the ship has passed. If its a young guy that has only been around a short time(1, maybe 2 years) he can get re-looked (the 1 or 2 re-rates we get a year) to adjust because its hard to make prospects.

VC may say differently, but that is what I remember at least. disclaimer, still on pills for my wisdom teeth

I believe what was decided last offseason, was if a guy has been in the system for multiple years, and an established nhl the ship has passed. If its a young guy that has only been around a short time(1, maybe 2 years) he can get re-looked (the 1 or 2 re-rates we get a year) to adjust because its hard to make prospects.

VC may say differently, but that is what I remember at least. disclaimer, still on pills for my wisdom teeth

This is correct

oh no doubt it just looks extremely weird seeing Bryz as a legit goaltender lol. you lucky dog

:) best trade I've ever made.

To Edmonton Oilers: Ilya Bryzgalov

To Philadelphia Flyers: Linus Omark, Magnus Paajarvi, Devan Dubnyk

Archived