The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC STHS Hockey League (Season 5)

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

to medium.png: Nikolai Goldobin (uncreated)

to medium.png: Shea Theodore

Very happy to acquire Shea. He'll partner with the also recently acquired Oliver Kylington to give Albany a dynamic young pairing. Expect both of them in Trenton sooner rather than later.

Nikolai was a casualty of our depth on RW with prospects in Bjorkstrand, Tolchinsky, and Matthews

It was tough to let Theodore go as he was undoubtedly my best D prospect

But with the moves Tampa made at the deadline sending Reinhart and Barzal packing we felt we needed to replace some of that higher end talent at the forward position

Once signed Goldobin will play with the Admirals this upcoming season

as in technically its now tomorrow?

Your comment just made me more confused. I just asked if they were rfa because I thought that I somehow missed the start of free agency like I did the re-signing deadline.

Oh and thanks for that comment, you made me aware that it's now my birthday. :)

Your comment just made me more confused. I just asked if they were rfa because I thought that I somehow missed the start of free agency like I did the re-signing deadline.

SOB said he would announce more signings tomorrow, at 11pm. Technically, its now a new day

Getzlaf talks are heating up, as many as 5 or 6 serious parties so far, including teams from both conferences. Restrictions on the return of the deal have been loosened, but young top 4 defenders still get the most interest. Priority of interest is young nhl'ers>prospects>picks

The 2016 Draft is over for the Leafs but we are very pleased to have acquired many skilled players to replenish our prospect pool despite not having a 1st round pick this year. Other than Patrik Laine (NJD) and Brandon Saigeon (WPG), we were able to take most of the players that were high on our draft list:

2-42 - F Jesse Puljujarvi (FIN, Karpat): Big scorer that's dominated every level he's played (U16, U18, U20). Expected to debut in the men’s Finnish Elite League at 16.

2-53 - C Adam Mascherin (OHL, Kitchener Rangers): Undersized but skilled playmaker that can also finish. Was selected 2nd overall in the 2014 OHL Priority Draft.

2-54 - D Victor Mete (OHL, Owen Sound/USHL, Waterloo): Small offensive defenceman with explosive skating ability. Was selected 8th overall in the 2014 OHL Priority Draft.

2-60 - D Logan Stanley (OHL, Windsor Spitfires): Huge (6’5”, 216 lbs at 16 y.o.) puck-moving, defenceman that can play in all situations. Was selected 12th overall in the 2014 OHL Priority Draft.

3-87 - C Tye Felhaber (OHL, Saginaw Spirit): Dynamic, smooth-skating center with high hockey IQ. Was selected 10th overall in the 2014 OHL Priority Draft.

5-144 - F Tyler Steenbergen (WHL, Swift Current Broncos): Intelligent two-way centre with great hands and and skating ability. Was selected 12th overall in the 2014 WHL Bantam Draft.

Looks like this could be a potential first line and top defensive pairing on the Leafs in the future.

To medium.png: Tyler Bozak

To medium.png: Connor Hellebuyck(uncreated), 2016 4th CGY 109th overall

Very happy to acquire such a high potential goalie in Connor, we expect him to start in Albany, but could push for a couple of starts for the big club towards the end of the season. Tyler wasn't working out in New Jersey, and gets a better chance at success in upstate NY.

Archived