The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC STHS Hockey League (Season 5)

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Anyone wanting a cap dump-effective player, PM me (Sharks). David Legwand can be had.

35 years old, high 70's ratings for the most part, scored 42 points playing on the 4th line last season, 11:58 toi per game with 3:42 of that being used on the PK.

The Minnesota Wild are going to be very active in free agency. The team only has one defencemen (James Wisniewski) signed for next year. Replacing Henrik Tallinder's steady presence on the blue line will be a tough task for GM Phaneuf. Henrik retired this off-season and was huge for the Wild in their cup run last season. Rumours have been circulating that the Wild will attempt to lure in a marquee forward to play alongside star forwards Mikko Koivu and Zach Parise. This may seem to be an odd move given how deep the Wild are on offence but anything is possible in Minneapolis. Also, don't be surprised if the Wild are once again the oldest team in the league. You can never have enough leadership and experience in the lineup according to GM Phaneuf. :P.

Creation request: Senators 5th overall pick, Josh Anderson, has agreed to a 3 year 925k ELC contract. (I also included this in my FA pm, but I figure this will get looked at faster and I have no idea who's in charge of prospect creation)

The St. Louis Blues will have a pretty quiet off-season even after missing the playoffs for the second time in 3 years, and being swept the previous by the Phoenix Coyotes. The Top-6 for the Blues is pretty much set in stone after recently acquiring Filppula from the Chicago Blackhawks for Roman Josi. The Blues are hoping their bottom-6 will be more solidified going into this season, and it's looking like that will be the case, as there isn't much room for movement with Kabanov, Stoll, among other regulars from last season slotting in.

However, the Blues have went on record to say that they are determined to acquire a Top-4 defenceman in the FA market, with the departure of Josi.

There have also been rumours that the Blues plan to sign a total of 12 of their prospects to entry-level deals to replenish Peoria with their very own drafted players. Last season Peoria made it to the second round of the AHL playoffs before being eliminated by Houston after being up 3-1 in the series. The team was mainly composed of players signed to one-year deals to fill up the roster. This year looks like that won't be the case.

Archived