The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Carolina Hurricanes 7PM Dec 9th

Alex the Great

HURRICANES (13-12-5) at CANUCKS (17-10-5)

TV: FS-CR, SNET-P

Last 10: Carolina 5-4-1; Vancouver 6-2-2

Season series: This is the second of two games between the Carolina Hurricanes and Vancouver Canucks. Vancouver earned a 3-2 win against the Hurricanes at PNC Arena on Dec. 1. Canucks forward Ryan Kesler had two goals.

Big story: Each team brings a win streak to Rogers Arena. The Hurricanes begin a three-game road trip having won their past three games; Vancouver made it four in a row when it earned a 3-1 victory against the Colorado Avalanche at Rogers Arena on Sunday night.

Team Scope:

Hurricanes: Carolina continued its winning ways with a 5-3 victory against the San Jose Sharks at PNC Arena on Friday night. The Hurricanes rallied from a 2-0 deficit and scored four goals in the third period. Elias Lindholm, 19, had a goal and two assists to pace Carolina.

"That's the player we drafted," Muller said of Lindholm, who was the fifth player selected at the 2013 NHL Draft. "He's smart, he's got hockey sense, and he can make plays in small areas. That was a lot of fun seeing him get some results tonight, and I think that's going to be a big confidence builder."

Canucks: Vancouver has had trouble protecting leads on home ice in recent games, but that wasn't the case Sunday.Mike Santorelli scored 5:34 into the game, Ryan Kesler made it 2-0 early in the third period and Santorelli scored again with 12:43 remaining to help the Canucks build a 3-0 lead against the Avalanche. Roberto Luongo (28 saves) had his shutout bid spoiled with 7.1 seconds remaining in regulation.

Vancouver has won four straight for the second time this season.

"If you want to be successful in this league, you've got to be able to hold onto leads, and tonight we did it the right way," Santorelli said. "We wanted to come out strong and not look at the time, and that's what we did."

Who's hot: Hurricanes captain Eric Staal has a four-game point streak (one goal, four assists). Jeff Skinner has six goals and one assist in his past five games. … Canucks defenseman Jason Garrison has a four-game point streak (one goal, five assists) and Santorelli has three goals and four assists in his past six games. Kesler has five goals in his past four.

Injury report: Carolina forward Alexander Semin (concussion) is close to returning. The Hurricanes will likely be without defensemen Mike Komisarek (lower body) and Drayson Bowman (lower body), along with forward Patrick Dwyer (upper body). … Vancouver forward Jordan Schroeder (ankle) is out.

PROJECTED LINE-UP

D.Sedin - H.Sedin - Hansen

Higgins - Kesler - Santorelli

Booth - Richardson - Weise

Sestito - Dalpe - Kassian

Alberts - Garrison

Hamhuis - Tanev

Bieksa - Stanton

Lack

PREDICTION : CANUCKS 4 - CAROLINA 1

:towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel:

He's a nice person who actually makes a lot of informative posts...

He'll still have anywhere from 30-50 posts on deck to continue to do so.

Frankly, I don't know a damn thing about him beyond that, despite having seen thousands of his posts.

It would be really sweet to get back to back wins ...However,if the Canucks come out of the gate like they did tonight against Colorado,it's going to be a long tough night...There was a lot of animosity in the last game against the Canes,lets hope it carries over tonight....I'm looking to the Sedins to have a good game,..I thought they were pretty quiet against Colorado.

I would give Luongo the start tomorrow then let Lack play on Friday against the Oilers and then let Lu start against Bruins on Saturday also predicting a blow out win by nucks 5-1

No, don't play Lu BxB right now..'tenders have been dropping like flies, around the league. Give tomorrow to Lack.

No, don't play Lu BxB right now..'tenders have been dropping like flies, around the league. Give tomorrow to Lack.

yeah but its a home game.. he also played back to back when Canucks played the Bluejackets and the Blackhawks, it would give him 4 days off, also he's playing great right now only allowing 4 goals on 99 shots

yeah but its a home game.. he also played back to back when Canucks played the Bluejackets and the Blackhawks, it would give him 4 days off, also he's playing great right now only allowing 4 goals on 99 shots

I disagree, we are at a different situation now compared to that time. At that time, we have lost a lot of games in a row and just convincingly defeated CBJ 6-2. Of course Torts want to keep that momentum changing swing going, so he had to use Lu, which we lost that game to Blackhawks as well.

However, we are winning 4 straight right now and the team's playoff hopes are not in as much jeapordy. I think it is safer to let Lu rest now and start Lack tomorrow. This will be less risky for the team. Imagine if Lu gets injured tomorrow, we will have to play a Lack/ Ericksson or Cannata duo against Bruins, Wild, Dallas and Blackhawks (last 2 r back to back). I think tomorrow is a game that we should play safe.

Archived