The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WJC - GDT - Canada vs Finland Preliminary - Friday December 20th 7:00AM PST

DeNiro

My summary.

McDavid Horvat Reinhart was the best line on the ice.....and it wasn't even close.

Shades of Crosby Bergeron Perry.

Rychel Gauthier Anderson looks good as the 4th line. Anderson stood out, great on the forecheck. Rychel struggled. Gauthier solid.

Leier Laughton look like 2 thirds of a solid shut down line.....Laughton struggled a little today.

Petan was excellent....looks like he's gonna centre the top line with Drouin and Lazar. Possibly Mantha.

Bubble players.

Mantha 1g 1a looked a little sluggish at times, but he's got size and you can't deny the fact he's prolific in the offensive zone.

Hudon had good energy, protected the puck well. Showed well on the PK.

Girard was mostly invisible. Played a safe game with good energy. Not seeing where he fits.

Shinkaruk unfortunately is without a role. Can tell his timing is off from injury. Had a couple good shifts but looks like he's chasing the play a little. Best shift was late in the game. All signs today was he was filling in for Drouin until he's ready.

Defence:

Ekblad, Morrissey and Pelech were solid.

Dumba showed why he's been cut twice before. Turnovers ....yikes. Nice goal and jumps into the play really well. Great skater.

Bigras and Severson were just ok.

Pouliot like Dumba really struggled....needs to be better.

1 exhibition game in and the kids are living up to the hype.

Ekblad looked amazing out there, the passes he was making reminded me of Pronger. He's thinking 1 step ahead of a lot of guys out there.

McDavid also looked really good, I'll be interested to see how he handles a bigger team. I thought it was neat how he tried a far side wrap-around, I saw him do that in one of his highlights also.

Horvat looked solid out there, great shot on his goal.

I hate to say it but Shinkaruk was probably the worst Canadian, so invisible. I hope it's because of his injury issues. I'd be surprised if he makes the team.

Dumba looks like Phaneuf Jr.

Archived