The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Christian Folin, Remember Him?

Seeker1

Remember Christian Folin, the almost Canuck, rumored to be close to signing with the Canucks earleir in the year? Does anyone have any news on whether he is signed, or has signed with the Canucks? Apparently, he was close to signing with the Canucks, but decided to remain in school for another year?

The 6' 4" 210 lbs. right shooting defenceman would greatly add to the Canucks very meager supply of right shooting D-men..(Born Feb 9, 1991 Age 22, Gothenburg, Sweden)

News please?

Not much news to report. He's decided to stay in college for, at least another year which means that we won't know until the end of his season, whether or not he wants to go pro or not.

You can't go back to school once you sign a NHL deal, so it doesn't make sense for any college player to sign a NHL contract around this time.

If even 1 out of 10 of these unsigned guys becomes a Burows, Tanev, or Lack it's worth the risk.

I say sign him up if we can. A free prospect is a free prospect.

Couldn't agree more.

I thought the Canucks should've taken a flier on Miks Indrasis. Invited him to prospects tourney. Big, skilled young guy putting up points in the KHL.

He's in his 2nd year of college right now. So there'll still be 2 more years of, "he's close to signing with *team*" unless he leaves UMASS early.

He's having a down year it seems. Way off his 0.55 ppg last year, at about 0.375 right now.

And like DeNiro said, free prospect is a free prospect. Does anyone have Gillis track record for undrafted college Fa? Cause it seems like everyone he signs because a gem for us. Tanev & Lack are obviously the big names, anyone got any ideas?

*just looked up his transaction history, looks like he signed the following guys out of college.

Evan Oberg, Eric Walsky, Eddie Lack, Chris Tanev, Kellan Lain, and Lee Sweatt but Sweatt finished his collegiate career and played in Sweden, so technically he was signed out of Sweden. So including Sweat, everyone that Gillis has signed as a undrafted collegiate player minus Walsky and Lain (for now) has at least played 1 NHL game. That's a pretty good average for undrafted collegiate players.

How about Fabian Brunnstrom?? The player of the future according to Dave Nonis.

I remember he scored a Hatty in his first game with Dallas, then he disappeared..

I remember that, all these Canucks fans coming down on Nonis for missing out on this guy.

I remember that, all these Canucks fans coming down on Nonis for missing out on this guy.

Apparently you don't remember, because Nonis was a major player in negotiations but was fired before Brunnstrom could be signed. Gillis took over and Brunnstrom went to Dallas.

Archived