The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Value Of] Alex Burrows

mpass1

NTC with a respectable cap hit of 4.5 mill through 2016-17 season

Consistent 25+goal scorer 50+ points per season

Are his stats inflated because of his linemates? Is he Untouchable?

More like untradeable. If Burrows can't score, he becomes a very expensive defensive winger.

It'll be better to assess his value at the end of the season. I suppose that makes him "untouchable" this year.

0G 3A 17GP 4.5M caphit and NTC

I don't think you'll like the answer.

I value him the same as Clarkson.

So if you value players by point totals, you would value Dale Weise more than say, Clarkson or Gunnarsson?

Burrows is more valuable to us than what we would get back for him.

So if you value players by point totals, you would value Dale Weise more than say, Clarkson or Gunnarsson?

Burrows is more valuable to us than what we would get back for him.

Gunnarsson is a defenceman so off the bat, that's not a fair comparison. And obviously Weise has more value than Clarkson. He has more value than Burrows as well. Those players have negative value right now.

Any team would be much less hesitant giving up a 7th for Weise then for those two.

Gunnarsson is a defenceman so off the bat, that's not a fair comparison. And obviously Weise has more value than Clarkson. He has more value than Burrows as well. Those players have negative value right now.

Any team would be much less hesitant giving up a 7th for Weise then for those two.

I highly doubt that.

I highly doubt that.

If Clarkson was on the block you would seriously rather take him and his 5.25 million contract for the next 7 years (mind you restructuring other signings to fit his cap hit) instead of giving up a 7th rounder for a 4th liner who gets paid nothing?

IMO the 4th liner is an easier mess to clean up if he doesn't work out.

Really? Those players cripple another team financially while providing nothing near the price tag. Weise doesn't.

If Clarkson was on the block you would seriously rather take him and his 5.25 million contract for the next 7 years (mind you restructuring other signings to fit his cap hit) instead of giving up a 7th rounder for a 4th liner who gets paid nothing?

IMO the 4th liner is an easier mess to clean up if he doesn't work out.

I was referring more to Burrows. He has had a bad start to this year offensively for sure but he could still get way more than a 7th round pick. He had 24 points in in 47 games last year. He is good for 40-50 points while being one of the top defensive players and hardest workers on your team.

I was referring more to Burrows. He has had a bad start to this year offensively for sure but he could still get way more than a 7th round pick. He had 24 points in in 47 games last year. He is good for 40-50 points while being one of the top defensive players and hardest workers on your team.

Alex Burrows (Last Year)

Games: 47

Goals: 13

Assists: 11

Hits: 52

TOI/G: 18:54

GWG: 2

David Clarkson (Last Year)

Games: 48

Goals: 15

Assists: 9

Hits: 78

TOI/G: 17:36

GWG: 5

If Burrows value is upheld by his stats from last season why doesn't Clarkson get the same privilege? Why is Clarkson's poor start to the season more meaningful than Burrows? It's a double standard. CDC will mock Clarkson but when it comes to Burrows you have members still pushing his value as high as 1st round picks. Yet when you look at both players the stories are very similar and as far as contracts go while Clarkson's is uglier Burrows is still 4 years left at 4.5 million, nether are appealing for the current production.

So what exactly about Burrow makes him so much more appealing on the market?

Alex Burrows (Last Year)

Games: 47

Goals: 13

Assists: 11

Hits: 52

TOI/G: 18:54

GWG: 2

David Clarkson (Last Year)

Games: 48

Goals: 15

Assists: 9

Hits: 78

TOI/G: 17:36

GWG: 5

If Burrows value is upheld by his stats from last season why doesn't Clarkson get the same privilege? Why is Clarkson's poor start to the season more meaningful than Burrows? It's a double standard. CDC will mock Clarkson but when it comes to Burrows you have members still pushing his value as high as 1st round picks. Yet when you look at both players the stories are very similar and as far as contracts go while Clarkson's is uglier Burrows is still 4 years left at 4.5 million, nether are appealing for the current production.

So what exactly about Burrow makes him so much more appealing on the market?

4.5 Mil for 4 years vs 5.25 Mil for 7 years. Plus the fact that Clarkson has only put up good numbers for two years compared to Burrows' 5 (including 67 points one year). And then add on that Burrows has been injured for half of this year.

I'm not trying to defend Burrows bad play this year, he definitely has to be better when he comes back. All I'm saying is that his trade value has to be better than Clarksons, it is definitely better than Weise's, and he could fetch more than a 7th round pick.

Everytime someone struggles we immediately think to trade him. You can't run an NHL franchise by constantly trading guys away. Nobody would want to play for you. First it was Booth, then Kassian, then Edler and now it's Burrows? In the game of hockey you are going to have a stretch of the season where you struggle it happens.

Burrows is a valuable part to this team. He does the little things right and if you played a high level of hockey you would notice it. We all seem to forget what Burrows has done for this Franchise....

Archived