The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van/CBJ

Just floating this idea, mainly for feedback/value assessment..out of country(haven't seen a lot of Clb), so I'm not overly familiar with each players detailed strengths/attributes.

Van sends: Edler, Booth, Schroeder(about 10 mill in cap).

CBJ:Nick Foligno, James Wizniewski(about 8.6 mill/ cap). Should they add a 2nd or 3rd rounder?

Both D-men have NTC's, & probably Clb is not the most attractive destination. Noticed Wiz had a 51 pt season, & is a RH-D who has quite a boomer of a shot, I believe. Also remember his contract was rather harshly criticized(when signed), but he might fit better in Van than Edler. Also, the expensive yrs are paid(18 mill left, over last 4 seasons).

Both Wiz & Edler have also had their health issues, so maybe it's even on that score. Wiz is two yrs Edler's elder...

Hamhuis-Tanev ***all 3 sets have LH & RH match***

Garrison-Wizniewski

Stanton-Bieksa .....xtras-Alberts, Weber, Corrado

Do like Schroeder, but we'll have a C-logjam soon. I'd trust Santo, Dalpe & Welsh to contribute in his stead...

late-season/PO's

Daniel-Henrik-Kassian/Burrows(also switch Daniel & Higgins, at times)

Higgins-Kesler-Kassian/Burrows

Foligno-Santorelli-Hansen

Archibald-Richardson-Weise .....xtras-Sestito, Dalpe, Welsh

I see these fwds having a lot of speed & grit for the PO's.

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2013/11/17/new-father-folignos-heart-thoughts-never-far-from-daughter.html

Safe to say that the Jackets wont be so cruel as to trade him now.

Both Edler and Wizniewski also come with NMC so convincing them to waive is another matter. The Jackets also have no need for Schroeder. Columbus has 4 centers better than him.

I don't think Columbus goes for it but I'd definetly do it.

I liked your deal but yeah, hopefully they keep keep foligno after seeing that link. How about:

Jason garrison, booth, Schroeder for Dalton prout and Boone jenner

How about stop posting?

all your trades give us a shot at 1st overall...if you proposed decent deals be a different story...Not everyone will agree with every idea but has anybody agreed with any of yours?

I make Proposals to address specific needs of our team that other teams might actually do as well. Realistic proposals.

Not everyone will agree with my philosophy as far as how to turn this team into a playoff winner now or how to use our assets to build one for the future, and I don't agree with some of the other posters ideas about how to do that. I'm not going to get butthurt at them and ask them to leave the forum though lol.

I make Proposals to address specific needs of our team that other teams might actually do as well. Realistic proposals.

Not everyone will agree with my philosophy as far as how to turn this team into a playoff winner now or how to use our assets to build one for the future, and I don't agree with some of the other posters ideas about how to do that. I'm not going to get butthurt at them and ask them to leave the forum though lol.

You proposed giving up the following

Hansen, Higgins, Burrows, Tanev, Hamhuis, Edler, Shinkaruk, Gaunce, Schroeder, Jensen and multiple picks

to pick up

John Scott, Kaletta, Gaustad and other literal 4th line goons to and I quote "protect Luongo because that is how you win in the playoffs"

Enough said

Archived