The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] A christmas trade

Cucumber

The nucks, if they want a playoff improvement need to get one more top6 forward.

phi

edler

2nd

van

schenns

sedins burrows

schenn kesler santorelli

booth schroeder kassian

higgins richardson hansen

hamhuis garrison

schenn bieksa

slanton taven

lu

lack

helps now and futre

van gets

a big dman who is physical, another younger bieksa

a C who can play wing as well, who is also young

phi

gets a offensive dman they need, who can be physical, good contract,

high pick this year

I wouldn't mind the Schenns but Edler could probably get something we need more of. Brayden is a natural C and for next year we'll have Henrik, Kesler, Horvat, Richardson, Santorelli, and possibly Gaunce next year so I don't see where Schenn would fit.

what happens if we give them schroeder and change the 2nd to a 3rd

edler

schroeder

3rd

for

schenns

Rather not give Schroeder and just give up the 2nd.

I don't really see them doing this, they have like 6 LDs (Timonen, Coburn, Mezaros, Grossman, Gustafsson, Gill and then adding Edler).

Rather not give Schroeder and just give up the 2nd.

I don't really see them doing this, they have like 6 LDs (Timonen, Coburn, Mezaros, Grossman, Gustafsson, Gill and then adding Edler).

value wise it good as others have stated

no upcoming ufa/rfa this year, but their main need is scoring they get a solid dman who will put up points

and they can still trade a dman for a forward in the off season

I'd do this, though I would line Brayden with the Twins. I could see him finishing their passes from behind the net very effectively since he has a sneaky wrist shot much like Burr does, plus he's done well with play-makers like Danny Briere and Jakub Voracek

What's more, his physical, aggressive nature should help him open up space in ways that we could only hope Zack Attack learns to do consistently in the future

The nucks, if they want a playoff improvement need to get one more top6 forward.

phi

edler

2nd

van

schenns

sedins burrows

schenn kesler santorelli

booth schroeder kassian

hamhuis garrison

schenn bieksa

slanton taven

lu

lack

helps now and futre

van gets

a big dman who is physical, another younger bieksa

a C who can play wing as well, who is also young

phi

gets a offensive dman they need, who can be physical, good contract,

high pick this year

To be honest I love B.Schenn I think he would be such a great addition.... Hodgsons replacement??

I would honestly give up Edler + a 3rd for just B.Schenn.

Good player, outstanding upside.

Could be a game changer for us a lesser seguin in dallas

I wouldn't mind the Schenns but Edler could probably get something we need more of. Brayden is a natural C and for next year we'll have Henrik, Kesler, Horvat, Richardson, Santorelli, and possibly Gaunce next year so I don't see where Schenn would fit.

I am sure that he can adapt to the wing no problem, he's young and has time to learn. For this year he can center Kesler.

Horvat, Santo and Kes have all played wing at some point in their career not necessarily a problem Schenn's a pure centre especially if he's good or even great. I don't even know if BoHo is ready next year though, or even Gaunce for that matter.

As mentioned, difficult to see Philly give up a RH-D. Short supply. I'd consider this(although, it's painful)...

Edler, CORRADO(RH-D, for their future), Schroeder.

Both Schenns & Philly's 2015 2nd rounder.

Luke Schenn is 6'2", 230 lbs(not speedy, but we NEED that size/durability, or we'll be goin' to California with an achin', in our hearts).

These 3 players would help Philly with their cap-scenario. Timonen must be nearing the end of the line. Edler makes sense, especially with our GM(not Holmgren) having done the paperwork.

Balance out the LH-RH D-sets:

Hamhuis-Tanev..(might switch Hamhuis & Garrison, to spread out the speed)

Garrison-Schenn..(these boys would really clear the crease)

Stanton-Bieksa

xtras: Alberts-Weber

FWDS:

Twins-Burrows/Kassian

Higgins-Kesler-Santorelli

Booth-Schenn-Burrows/Kassian

Archibald-Richardson-Hansen ...DEEEEEEP, speedy, abrasive, relentless & talented

This lineup has a lot of appeal. Definite NA'n gritty approach.

Would love it and as been said they probably would want a little bit more with the way Brayden is playing...probably take our 1st instead of a 2nd but would still be a good deal for both of us and as for lines I think would look more like

Sedin-Sedin-Kesler

Burrows-Schenn-Kassian

Higgins-Santo-Hansen

Sestito-Richardson-Weise

Hamhuis-Tanev

Garrison-Schenn

Stanton-Bieksa

Lu

Lack

Voracek for Edler.

Or Simmonds and a second!

Either one; done! :frantic:

For Plums (I think) who pointed out Philly have 6 left handed D. Its a fair point. I made it in summer, but they still sold the farm for Streit. And their D still sulks, and still needs a rebuild. They're clearly shopping for D. They were also reported after Del Zotto. A left D... They have boat loads of forwards, but are reported as chasing Pacioretty. http://forum.canucks.com/topic/354925-report-flyers-and-islanders-are-taking-serious-runs-at-acquiring-max-pacioretty/

If they can't use Eddy, their problem.

giving up b schenn is a big part of the now team and the future core. giving up schroeder make sense for both teams, we need to lose a young c and they need one coming back. Schroeder will turn into a great C in the east, where size won't matter. giving up a 1st is really hard for me, but it a weak draft and I don't see anybody to great. but getting 2 former 1st round pick back, who are young is worth it for me. Corrado will just add another rhd prospect there

edler

schroeder

corrado

1st

for

schenns

sedins burrows

santorelli kesler higgins

booth schenn kassian

garrison bieksa

hamhuis schenn

shanton tanev

our d is set for 10years and forward group is deep.

haters gonna hate, lol jk jk

but tbh value is not that bad

edler>l schenn

2nd, schroeder< b schenn

if 2nd went to a first would it have interest to you

edler schroeder 1st

for

schenns

I have always thought the 2nd round pick was a major overrated pick. If you go through most drafts you will not recognize must 2nd round picks because most are busts. In addition as far as ceiling goes sinces 2004 only three 2nd round picks have been all-stars (P.K. Subban, James Neal, and Paul Stastny). So when the return involves two players aged 24 and under who both were seen as players with high potential it just doesn't seem worth moving them in a deal where a 2nd round pick is key because at this point they seem just as promising as any 2nd round pick does.

Kind of similar with Schroeder. He has only ran his own value into the ground lately. An average prospect whose biggest concern was his size and since getting a chance he has basically been terrible and injured.

Basically the ceiling on B. Schenn is so much higher than what is coming back I would rather just stick with him. I would rather Edler than L. Schenn but not if it also involved giving Brayden.

If the 2nd was a 1st it makes it interesting maybe some Flyers fans would be for it though personally I would still rather trade one or both in deals for more help now players. Even in this the 2nd or 1st and Schroeder are not help now players and Edler has been having a rough year himself. My first look would be to see if I can move them or one of them in a package deal to a seller who was moving a more established and well playing vet.

Archived