The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] VAN - Edler, Burrows, Schroeder, 1st

Me_

As per every year, there are scapegoats that reveal themselves for various circumstances and a package is subsequently done by de facto of circumstances.

I strongly believe that, after half a Tortorella guided season, there are a few stand outs that appear to have been singled out as a necessity of current events.

As much as the Sedins are in the process of becoming complete players, Kesler turning off the diving and powering up beast mode, to Luongo's renewed dedication and commitment to the franchise, the team, players and himself and country, Edler has not been able to crack a comfortable seat on the favorites list and neither have Burrows. Schroeder's situation seems to be akin to putting a little kid in front of a tank battery and ask him to block the oncoming missile.

So as Ballard, Raymond and a 1st was the name of the game last year, let's say you're the GM of every other team receiving that fax:

Package

EDLER

BURROWS

SCHROEDER

1st

What do you offer in return?

It would have to be something pretty significant for Gillis to think about moving Burrows.

NTC. But probably Brayden Schenn, Michael Raffl, Matt Read + 1st round pick.

I'm beginning to think people say a proposal won't happen because a certain amount of players involved have an NTC just to get a reaction out of people.

NTC. But probably Brayden Schenn, Michael Raffl, Matt Read + 1st round pick.

I'd consider doing that trade, could switch out the oick for haag, he was rated as a 1st round pick but went in the second.

Not really sure how raffl would fit in though, Id just go Brayden Schenn, Hartnell and leave it at that. Philly has more forwards than they need.

Burrows is worth more to us than what we can get in return.

burrows can play anywhere in your forward group and as he gets older he will drop off the first line but remain a very good checker and pk player. I do notice that burrows is the victim of a lot of phantom penalty calls that leave us short handed. I think it is time to move on from all that a trade the guy to a good hockey market team. I do actually think we can get market value for him. I'd actually keep him unless we can get a package like I describe below.

Edler

Burrows

1st

for

Schenn

Hartnell

haag

Edler

Burrows

2014 first, 2015 first

Jensen

Vanek

Strome

Reinhart

burrows can play anywhere in your forward group and as he gets older he will drop off the first line but remain a very good checker and pk player. I do notice that burrows is the victim of a lot of phantom penalty calls that leave us short handed. I think it is time to move on from all that a trade the guy to a good hockey market team. I do actually think we can get market value for him. I'd actually keep him unless we can get a package like I describe below.

I think it's pretty fair to say that Gillis is overpaying Burrows now in order to make up for the years he was underpaid. His contract is the problem in getting fair value in return as well as very few seem to be able to play with the Sedins with any lasting success. Sure, guys like Jager seem like they'd be a good fit but ya never know until you try it.

I think it's pretty fair to say that Gillis is overpaying Burrows now in order to make up for the years he was underpaid. His contract is the problem in getting fair value in return.

thats a fair point for sure, but if you look around the league at guys getting paid >4mill, he is not a bargain, but certainly not in the group of players who is been significantly over paid.

How do these sound (from contending/bubble teams)

DET

Nyquist (Offensively skilled,, Swedish Kesler)

Ouellet (similar defensive style to Tanev)

Helm (perfect "heavy" player to round out our bottom 6)

MIN

Brodin (nuff said)

Coyle (6.3, 220lbs young centre)

Dumba, or lesser pick/prospect

***Schroeder would be going home, as well***

*we'd probably need to add Kassian, or another asset*

WSH

Johansson

Alzner (from Burnaby)

pick/prospect

DET

MIN

Brodin (nuff said)

WSH

Johansson

Alzner (from Burnaby)

pick/prospect

eww gross.

If its WSH,

the trade is John Carlsson, brouwer, Burakosky

outside of ovie and bacstrom, caps have no good top 6 forwards that would helpus so I would not trade with this team

and that is a weak package from detroit.

Helm

Nyquist

Mantha

Edler

Burrows

1st

for

Schenn

Hartnell

haag

Edler

Burrows

2014 first, 2015 first

Jensen

Vanek

Strome

Reinhart

These are probably the most realistic. By pushing Burrows into the trade the cap hit climbs to around 9.5 million which usually requires somewhat of a balance coming back.

There are some question marks as to why the teams would make such moves but value wise it's in the ballpark.

Edler

Burrows

1st

for

Schenn

Hartnell

haag

Edler

Burrows

2014 first, 2015 first

Jensen

Vanek

Strome

Reinhart

lolololol NYI doesn't touch that with a 10 foot stick

As per every year, there are scapegoats that reveal themselves for various circumstances and a package is subsequently done by de facto of circumstances.

I strongly believe that, after half a Tortorella guided season, there are a few stand outs that appear to have been singled out as a necessity of current events.

As much as the Sedins are in the process of becoming complete players, Kesler turning off the diving and powering up beast mode, to Luongo's renewed dedication and commitment to the franchise, the team, players and himself and country, Edler has not been able to crack a comfortable seat on the favorites list and neither have Burrows. Schroeder's situation seems to be akin to putting a little kid in front of a tank battery and ask him to block the oncoming missile.

So as Ballard, Raymond and a 1st was the name of the game last year, let's say you're the GM of every other team receiving that fax:

Package

EDLER

BURROWS

SCHROEDER

1st

What do you offer in return?

Hmmm, how about 3 guys on the injured reserve and a 1st round draft pick... Nah, I wouldn't make that trade either... See what I did there?

DET

MIN

Brodin (nuff said)

WSH

Johansson

Alzner (from Burnaby)

pick/prospect

I'd definitely do the Detroit one. Not sure about the others, not a fan of Dumba or Alzner so maybe no on the others. Mantha would be nice but the dudes been on a tear all year. 4 spots and he could've been ours.. :(

Archived