The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] van-det

Bren Mo

I don't think the sedins or edler will ever waive their no trade clauses unless it's to Detroit. So...

To det: Henrik, Daniel, edler

To van: Anthony Mantha, 1st round pick, 2nd round pick, Weiss (salary reasons), tootoo

Would you do it? Obviously henrik and Daniel are elite, but how many peak years do they have left? Whereas mantha could be a next generaton core guy to build around and an absolute beast for a long, long time. Plus the first round pick and you can try trade Weiss for a top young player later as well too.

I also think Detroit does this because their core doesn't have much time left. They have maybe 2 or 3 years left to try make another cup run with the zetterbergs, datsyuks etc.

Canucks get Robbed and there is no way Detroit is under the cap

Canucks sacrifice for the present to build for the future whereas Detroit sacrifices the future to try win right now. In 5 years who will be better off? Detroit with the aging sedins but a solid dman in elder? Or us with Mantha, whoever we draft with the 1st and 2nd rounders, and whatever young stud we can get for Weiss?

You have also traded more prospects then anybody else........

In my "win now" proposals I trade alot of prospects and picks for the pieces we need. I have a couple rebuild themed deals (including this one) where I get rid of the guys who I think other teams covet in exchange for their prospects I desire.

In my "win now" proposals I trade alot of prospects and picks for the pieces we need. I have a couple rebuild themed deals (including this one) where I get rid of the guys who I think other teams covet in exchange for their prospects I desire.

and sweatt tomernes and a 5 th would get us Crosby Malkin and Maata.

You're a terrible troll. I have to believe you're trolling because anyone who knows anything about a pair of skates knows more about hockey than you if you're not.

And that saddens me.

and sweatt tomernes and a 5 th would get us Crosby Malkin and Maata.

You're a terrible troll. I have to believe you're trolling because anyone who knows anything about a pair of skates knows more about hockey than you if you're not.

And that saddens me.

I think you have me confused with someone else on the Crosby, malkin, and Maata trade. I don't put up proposals like that.

Here is my value analysis of the trade:

Mantha + 2nd = Edler

1st + Weiss + Tootoo < Daniel

Henrik = nothing?

My analysis of the trade would be:

Daniel + henrik now = valuable

Daniel + henrik in 3-5 years = not valuable and even a potential burden

Edler = valuable now and in the future but inconsistent. #1 guy? No. Too unreliable but will want to get paid. Better to pay real #1

Anthny mantha= not going to help team this year but in 3-5 years could be an absolute beast. Franchise guy.

Weiss= may be valuable now if you can find right line mates and chemistry. Also could get solid prospect on trade deadline day for him or first round pick. We have to take salary back in this trade and looking at Detroit, this would be the right guy.

Tootoo = brings heart and compete. Good for team chemistry now

1st round pick =probably solid player for future

2nd round pick =possible player for future

In essence, it's a trade to sacrifice the present to build for the future. In 3-5 years the Canucks will be much better off whereas Detroit has a good chance at a cup with this deal in the next 2-3 years.

I think you have me confused with someone else on the Crosby, malkin, and Maata trade. I don't put up proposals like that.

NO, no you don't do you.

You just trade the Sedins and more for Tootoo a prospect and a bare 2nd line center.

Of course you don't do that. Again I say either you're a god awful and terrible troll seeking attention and validation for real life let downs.

Or you know less about hockey than anyone in the history of the game.

I have to beleive you're trolling because anyone who knows this little about hockey posting on a hockey forum makes me incredibly sad

Daniel + henrik now = valuable

Daniel + henrik in 3-5 years = not valuable and even a potential burden

Edler = valuable now and in the future but inconsistent. #1 guy? No. Too unreliable but will want to get paid. Better to pay real #1

Anthny mantha= not going to help team this year but in 3-5 years could be an absolute beast. Franchise guy.

Weiss= may be valuable now if you can find right line mates and chemistry. Also could get solid prospect on trade deadline day for him or first round pick. We have to take salary back in this trade and looking at Detroit, this would be the right guy.

Tootoo = brings heart and compete. Good for team chemistry now

1st round pick =probably solid player for future

2nd round pick =possible player for future

In essence, it's a trade to sacrifice the present to build for the future. In 3-5 years the Canucks will be much better off whereas Detroit has a good chance at a cup with this deal in the next 2-3 years.

Not going to happen

Never going to happen

Couldn't ever happen

You're trolling for attention for whatever reason

The mods should ban you out of principal

Here let me break it down for you.

Henrik and Daniel+ 140 points in a bad year to 200 points in a good year.

Edler is 40-50 points in an average year

Tootoo is crap and the Wings are desperately trying to give him away.

Mantha is a guy who can score in the QMJHL

Weiss is a 2nd line player barely

The picks would be late teens early 20 slots.

The fact you cannot see this or get this through your head is shameful and indicative of a desperate need for attention which I shall no longer give you on this thread.

Again if you do not see how even 1 of those players would net you that same basic return to the right team, yet give them all away for scraps then I will report every single thread you create because you're doing nothing but antagonizing the regular posters on here.

The Sedins for Tootoo.... :picard:

I don't think the sedins or edler will ever waive their no trade clauses unless it's to Detroit. So...

To det: Henrik, Daniel, edler

To van: Anthony Mantha, 1st round pick, 2nd round pick, Weiss (salary reasons), tootoo

Would you do it? Obviously henrik and Daniel are elite, but how many peak years do they have left? Whereas mantha could be a next generaton core guy to build around and an absolute beast for a long, long time. Plus the first round pick and you can try trade Weiss for a top young player later as well too.

I also think Detroit does this because their core doesn't have much time left. They have maybe 2 or 3 years left to try make another cup run with the zetterbergs, datsyuks etc.

pfffff, you should be banned for such junk - do you know who weiss is the guy i awful and overpaid. Is it your goal to make us worse?

Archived