The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dane Fox | LW/C

Go Go Canucks Go

Crap...we have another bar hopper on our hands...might as well trade for Shane O'brien again and Kassian and those 2 can cruze the late night hog roundup at the bars.

Just joking...I hope he gets it together before graduating junior, that seems to be the problem with the fiesty ones, like the booze a bit to much.

Hey maybe they just missed curfew to visit a sick friend...

not what you want to hear from a guy with past rule violations. hopefully its just a blip on the radar and he remembers what violating rules got him before. i believe the worst is behind him but it would be a shame if wasted his talent because he can't keep out of trouble.

Probably something dumb, but he's obviously going to learn from it. Gauncer won't put up with that sh**, he's a pro and hopefully his mentality rubs off on Foxy.

He's broken team rules many times before. Got traded because of it and got suspended by his team for about three games at the end of either last season or the one before.

He's broken team rules many times before. Got traded because of it and got suspended by his team for about three games at the end of either last season or the one before.

We can get Don Cherry to 'love' him, being an Ontario boy and all, so then we trade him to the Leafs for a 1st round pick .. him, Kadri and Bolland form a line forever known as "The Rodent Brigade" .. two of them in rehab for what Shanahan called 'gnawing during a scuffle' ../g

So the coach leaves off 4 regulars and runs a 16 man bench at the end of a long trip and people brush it off like it was nothing? The guy is 20i years old in his fifth season on his at least second chance and he's still screwing up? Erie is a veteran team. This shouldn't be happening. Especially from an overager having a career year who just signed a NHL deal.

Plus they have been concerned about his attitude and discipline on ice for the last few weeks as well. He isn't scoring as much and he's taking lots of questionable penalties.

Do the Canucks actually scout and do due diligence on guys or do they just check the score sheet? I wonder sometimes. Gillis used to talk about character but that doesn't seem to be a big priority anymore.

So the coach leaves off 4 regulars and runs a 16 man bench at the end of a long trip and people brush it off like it was nothing? The guy is 20i years old in his fifth season on his at least second chance and he's still screwing up? Erie is a veteran team. This shouldn't be happening. Especially from an overager having a career year who just signed a NHL deal.

Plus they have been concerned about his attitude and discipline on ice for the last few weeks as well. He isn't scoring as much and he's taking lots of questionable penalties.

Do the Canucks actually scout and do due diligence on guys or do they just check the score sheet? I wonder sometimes. Gillis used to talk about character but that doesn't seem to be a big priority anymore.

It's a wake up call to the whole team. They're 20 years old, chill out. Even the best kids in the NHL has gone too hard at times. Over time in actual pro hockey we"ll be able to tell if he can make that jump.

They're kids, it happens sometimes. Even if it was a short leash, and for all we know they just drank the night before. Happens within the show as well. They will learn as this is clearly a wake up call to the team, and we can see if Fox can make changes come his time in pro hockey in the AHL.

Whatever if he's a clubbing type of guy. Lucic and Marchand proved that you're good to go as long as you play for the Bruins. Kane proved that you're good to go as long as you play for the Hawks. etc.

Oh wait, this is the Canucks. Yeah, he's gonna have to shut it down or he'll never see the ice here.

They're kids, it happens sometimes. Even if it was a short leash, and for all we know they just drank the night before. Happens within the show as well. They will learn as this is clearly a wake up call to the team, and we can see if Fox can make changes come his time in pro hockey in the AHL.

man if I had to live by some of the rules placed on these guys playing hockey I might play 3 games a season never mind when I was in my twenties.. Supposed to be pros supposed to be role models etc etc people forget they are young and still want to experience life. Not that I have any idea why they didn't play. Could have been something as little as being late for practice.

everybody has their days. Don't blow it up, Kass got sent down when he was acting a bit foolish and look where he's at now. Progress, growing up, becoming a pro, it all takes time, these guys are human, they make mistakes, and they learn from experience just the same as everyone else. The speed at which they can adapt differs, but I'm not worried about a guy who's slacked a few times in junior. Everyone's gotta have a life, but once the playoffs role around that's when I expect the focus to be there everyday, every shift, every game.

At this point, he's still a long shot to make the NHL. Those chances will certainly decrease if he continues down the "rule breaking" path. At some point he has to use these mistakes as building blocks for the future, instead of tripping over them.

Not overly concerned, but the red flags are apparently still hanging around this player.

I'm not hugely concerned at this stage either. For that kind of release, you can overlook a few things, at least in the short run. But this guy is not your typical Gillis signing. The Team 1040 interview (link a few pages back in this thread) didn't exactly showcase him as the most articulate guy and made the rest of our prospects look like rocket scientists by comparison. This was still a chance we had to take, even if he turns out to be the second coming of Shane O'Brien. We need a sniper or two, and if this is the price of admission, so be it.

I'm not hugely concerned at this stage either. For that kind of release, you can overlook a few things, at least in the short run. But this guy is not your typical Gillis signing. The Team 1040 interview (link a few pages back in this thread) didn't exactly showcase him as the most articulate guy and made the rest of our prospects look like rocket scientists by comparison. This was still a chance we had to take, even if he turns out to be the second coming of Shane O'Brien. We need a sniper or two, and if this is the price of admission, so be it.

Lol, ya - I didn't say it, but I thought he was a moron following that interview. It's what happens on ice though right?

Archived