The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trade the Sedins if we don’t make the playoffs or past the 1st round?

Outsiders

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

*BEFORE YOU GUYS FREAK OUT IM NOT SAYING WE SHOULD ITS JUST A THOUGHT*

Not sure if this is Proposal or Canucks talk cause Im not trading them to a specific team more of value and thought from CDC

If this is in the wrong place Mods can you please put in right section thank you. :)

The core players and the Sedins are getting older as we all know and there value is getting lower and lower, and if we don’t make the playoffs this year or make it past the 1st round should we trade the Sedins along with other core players for picks and prosepcts and start to rebuild for the future while keeping some core, experienced players (Hamhuis, Kesler, Burrows, Bieksa)

Trade in the offseason if we don t make the playoffs or past the 1st round

What we could get for these players?

Daniel Sedin

-1st round pick (2014)

- 2nd round pick

-B level prospect

Henrik Sedin

-1st round pick (2015)

-2nd round pick

- B level prospect

Alex Edler

-1st round pick (2015)

-B level prospect

What do you guys think pretty good value for these 3 start rebuilding up a lot of prospects

We have a lot of prospects good prospect but, you can’t have enough we need to starts getting great prospects and not rush them to the nhl like Florida and Edmonton but, be wait and be patience with them like Detroit.

We gain three 1st round pick two of which are in 2015 (deep draft)

We get two 2 round picks which gillis has traded away the last few years it will be nice to a 2nd round prospect

We also gain 3 B level prospects for the future that will be the next generation of canucks

Trading them before next season would basically be throwing in the towel and going for a rebuild (top 2 scorers and 2/3 of 1st line). In some ways, I can see the point of that if there is a third season in a row with 0 playoff success. I can`t see it happening, though.

If you ignore the notion that it would be Organization Suicide, it's not a bad idea.

If the Canucks lay a 3rd straight egg in the playoffs, and mngmt does not make a significant change in the top 5 core players, I think you'd be hard pressed to rank other team below them in terms of stupidity.

Although the Canucks have been solid lately, I see them as a Pergatory team. That is the worst place to be for fans and the organization. I see a 'Real' change as the only way for them to get out.

By no means am I a Canucks fan, but I do like what the Sedins bring to the table. The logistics in moving them would lessen the return, but I imagine you could turn things around quite quickly and nicely which what you'd get.

i say no because if we can build a 1st line through the draft and current players and if they can replace the Twins and the twins move to a second /3rd line (more Defensive ) they could be the best second line players in the league even with a drop in production.

Where would the Sharks be right now if they had panicked and traded Thornton and Marleau a couple years ago? What a ridiculous idea.

Word is the Sharks can't keep both but...

Sedins are Canucks for life. They literally embody what it is to be Canucks. Edler pretty much no one wants around anymore. Canucks have proven they don't beed him with their play as of late. He'd be the first one gone from our current core if it's anyone.

Although Gillis doesn't want to ask anyone to waive so we have a surplus of top 4 defenders with Tanev and arguably Stanton to a degree if needed. And a surplus of 3rd liners turned top 6 players. With whatever Sestito and Welsh/Dalpe are suppose to be.

We will never trade the twins, after their 4 year ext is over and our young talent are established NHLers. They will probably re-sign on a year/two year basis at a low cap hit and be our "veteran presence leaders" on a team full of young stars.

For the next 4 years though after this season the twins will remain our core star players. No doubt in my mind.

Where would the Sharks be right now if they had panicked and traded Thornton and Marleau a couple years ago? What a ridiculous idea.

Point taken, but the Sharks have made major changes to the core in the past few years, which has helped Thornton and Marleau.

It is an interesting conversation to have.

*BEFORE YOU GUYS FREAK OUT IM NOT SAYING WE SHOULD ITS JUST A THOUGHT*

Not sure if this is Proposal or Canucks talk cause Im not trading them to a specific team more of value and thought from CDC

If this is in the wrong place Mods can you please put in right section thank you. :)

The core players and the Sedins are getting older as we all know and there value is getting lower and lower, and if we don’t make the playoffs this year or make it past the 1st round should we trade the Sedins along with other core players for picks and prosepcts and start to rebuild for the future while keeping some core, experienced players (Hamhuis, Kesler, Burrows, Bieksa)

Trade in the offseason if we don t make the playoffs or past the 1st round

What we could get for these players?

Daniel Sedin

-1st round pick (2014)

- 2nd round pick

-B level prospect

Henrik Sedin

-1st round pick (2015)

-2nd round pick

- B level prospect

Alex Edler

-1st round pick (2015)

-B level prospect

What do you guys think pretty good value for these 3 start rebuilding up a lot of prospects

We have a lot of prospects good prospect but, you can’t have enough we need to starts getting great prospects and not rush them to the nhl like Florida and Edmonton but, be wait and be patience with them like Detroit.

We gain three 1st round pick two of which are in 2015 (deep draft)

We get two 2 round picks which gillis has traded away the last few years it will be nice to a 2nd round prospect

We also gain 3 B level prospects for the future that will be the next generation of canucks

How do people conjure up such thoughts that would be so injurious to the team. Our team is not playing that bad right now however fans are starting to panic due to the fact the Canucks are not on top of their division. We have had some ups and downs this season however we are far from the finish line in the season and teams like LA and Anaheim have yet to suffer any type of set back. Every team experiences set backs in the season whether it be as a result of injuries or just inconsistent play on their part. We have had our share of injuries and are still in the running.

Our destiny will be uncovered in the last half of the season this year because we play the teams ahead of us several times. IMHO we can beat those teams by simply playing well. I maintain the Canucks can beat any team in the league if they play well.

Talking about trading franchise players and receiving premium candy store assets in return is really for dreamers at best. With the salary cap hindering the number of good players that can be realistically available, player development has come to the forefront of building teams and few teams are going to give their first round draft picks and good prospects away.

It is like selling your house or car. You believe you should get premium top value for them however, they are really only worth what others are willing to pay for them and you can bet your bottom dollar they will not pay top dollar. Reality tells us there is a very wide gap between good old common sense and a hope or wish.

Archived