The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Looking to add " the Winger "

J.I.A.H.N

So here is the question.

What winger would you like to get from the eastern division that would be a realistic player the Canucks could trade for........ (to place on the Sedin line)

For me, I am willing to trade Edler, and a 2014 or 2015 1st rounder, hopefully only one of the picks (Could be both I guess).

Personally, I want a Harnell out of the east or a Backes out of the west, type of player.......just a little younger, hopefully 22 to 25 years old.

Just one player back, no picks..........

Edler +

for

Simmonds and Cobourn

not bad but dont think we need a high salary d man coming back aswell, unless his contract was close to expiring. Maybe meszaros?

edler, prospect/depth forward/pick

for

simmonds, meszaros

I know meszaros is injury prone, but he isnt much older than edler, and maybe a change would do him good. hes had 4 30+ pt seasons in his career. Played a year with the giants too and he was great for them.

I wouldn't mind giving kassian a shot to be that winger tbh. He body checks, goes to the rough areas, can protect the sedins, and can score too. If the coach looked at the regular season as "getting prepared" for the playoffs, then he might just give kassian 15-20 games to play with the twins and see if they can get used to each other and maybe a little chemistry will develop.

Our summertime additions were unheralded nobodies(for which the GM was heckled); yet where would we be without them? We've kept our picks/prospects(future) intact, while remaining near the top of the league. Gotta appreciate the situation, as it stands. That said, would like them to parlay Booth & Edler into upgrades. We'd have space to take on a high cap-hit/underperformer, if the fit is right. But don't throw away too much youth/future, just to chase a big name.

Edler

Shrinkaruk

1st 2014

1st2015

For

Drouin

Malone

Gives us insane depth

Sedins Malone

Amex line

Kassian Santorelli Schroeder

Highins Richardson Hansen

Future

Kassian horvat drouin

Jensen cassels Schroeder

Archibald gaunce weise

That's great

Not too shabby, actually. Might be one of your better ones.

Find a package of Edler+ that works for Detroit and get Mantha and Nyquist. A Kronwall and Edler pairing would be sick and so would a a prospect pool that included Shinkaruk Horvat and Mantha. That is a top line in a couple years. Nyquist brings the immediate help

Edler

Shrinkaruk

1st 2014

1st2015

For

Drouin

Malone

Gives us insane depth

Sedins Malone

Amex line

Kassian Santorelli Schroeder

Highins Richardson Hansen

Future

Kassian horvat drouin

Jensen cassels Schroeder

Archibald gaunce weise

That's great

If that package gets Drouin alone Gillis deserves God status.

Archived