The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Corrado recalled from Utica

Visp

It just made sense that he'd be the guy called up, even with the disparity on lefties and righties we have as a result. Tommernes or Andersson wouldn't be a bad choice, but I kind of wondered if we'd see them think about signing Huskins to an NHL contract and bringing him up.

BceXp2BCIAEELWk.png

Tommernes' hasn't been that productive at even strength and I don't think he'd see much time on the PP to be useful in a call up. Andersson has better numbers at even strength and is left handed but typically plays the right side so would have to switch. Corrado and Huskins have the best 5 on 5 and play on the top pairing together, so it's no surprise it was one of them to get the call.

Plus, I'm pretty sure Huskins is only on a PTO with Utica, so it pretty much had to be Corrado if they made the call-up based on what you're saying.

They would have had to sign him to an NHL contract if they wanted him as a call up, so they'd have to really think he'd be the best option.

I believe corrado is a left side defensemen that shoots right.

He may switch sometimes playing the PP, but I can't remember really having seen him play the left side consistently at even strength. I've hardly watched all his games, but he's playing right side in Utica with Huskins currently.

Archived