The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] VAN-Bos VAN-Phi

These trades will never happen, well the first one wont the second one may

To Van- Milan Lucic

To Bos- Hunter Shinkaruk, Zack Kassain ,1st (conditional 2nd if we win the Stanley Cup in 2014)

To Van- Wayne Simmonds

To Phi- Alex Edler, Jordan Schroeder,2nd

Buyout Booth

Lucic-Kesler-Burrows

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Simmonds

Higgins-Horvat-Hansen

Achiebald-Richardson-Weise

Hamhuis-Tanev

Garrison-Corrado

Stanton-Bieksa

Luongo

Lack

This team has it all size,gritt,compete,youth and with torts as our coach watch out.

This team will never back down now

I know Boston will never let Lucic go so for conversation is value at least fair or close?

Thank guys have a great day :)

Boston says no

Why trade one of the best pwf, for an injured prospect, who is small, young pwf, who doing alright, and a late 1st

Phi we overpay, edler they don't need, don't wanna trade picks/prospect anymore and why would we want a guy who can only get 20ish goals in the east. In the west he would be booth 2.0

We gotta add to the simmonds trade. He's gonna start scoring 40 goals a season any time now

Probably a stretch. He might hit 40 because his role is a game of chance and bounces but doing it year after year is unlikely. If he fine tunes his game a little more and gets more ice time 30 goals a year is realistic. But considering he plays around 15 minutes a game and is still a 30 goal threat his value is high. Plus if Philly is trading for assets they are more likely to push other assets before him

Probably a stretch. He might hit 40 because his role is a game of chance and bounces but doing it year after year is unlikely. If he fine tunes his game a little more and gets more ice time 30 goals a year is realistic. But considering he plays around 15 minutes a game and is still a 30 goal threat his value is high. Plus if Philly is trading for assets they are more likely to push other assets before him

I was joking, that package is insane. It's simmonds+ for edler, not the other way around. I like him but I value edler higher.

That was obvious sarcasm, Simmonds will never hit 40. He may eclipse 30 but that'd be in the last game of the season on an open net. He's good but not a goal scorer, or what we need. Seems like Burr 2.0 without the eyebrows.

I was joking, that package is insane. It's simmonds+ for edler, not the other way around. I like him but I value edler higher.

Though It contradicts what Philly needs and like I said if Philly was going to make a big move they have numerous other expendable players before Simmonds.

That was obvious sarcasm, Simmonds will never hit 40. He may eclipse 30 but that'd be in the last game of the season on an open net. He's good but not a goal scorer, or what we need. Seems like Burr 2.0 without the eyebrows.

I wouldn't say that it is unlikely but like I said his style is a game of chance he may hot a season where the bounces just fall his way. Scott Hartnell is not an amazing offensive forwards but he scored 37 goals as a power forward in that system. As far as saying he won't eclipse 30 is silly. His high is 28 and he was on pace for 27 in a full year last season. Unless you are saying he is in a decline saying he won't ever hit 30 goals is a reach. He is certainly capable of 30.

Simmonds and Burrows are also very different players. As someone who watched both the Canucks and Flyers they are nothing a like other than neither is a true 1st liner

Archived