The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

IMPark Parking Ticket questions

Rhinogator

I've had one before. Yes, you have to pay it. If you pay it early enough it's pretty cheap, but if you wait too long, it triples or something.

They track your license plate, so not paying will probably result in some nasty consequences.

I don't think its fair that i got a ticket of 80 bucks parking in a parking lot of 50+ space with only 2 cars currently there. it is a staff restricted area but it was on a sunday too.

So you think you're entitled, do you?

If you don't pay it, there's a chance you'll be towed if you use any of their lots in the future. Most likely you'll be given another ticket or two before it comes to that, but essentially that's what happens.

As for collections, I'm not sure if they even have the ability to leave a record on your credit score... But I don't think anyone would go through the trouble for an $80 ticket. Most that'll come of it is being bothered with letters and phone calls.

Edit: ^ refers to being sent to a collections agency vs. collections department. A collections department of Impark has 0 authority whatsoever, and exist solely to bug people for money. I'm 90% sure this is what Impark means by "collections".

I don't think its fair that i got a ticket of 80 bucks parking in a parking lot of 50+ space with only 2 cars currently there. it is a staff restricted area but it was on a sunday too.

So what, you knew you were parking in a restricted lot, took the chance, and got caught. Pay the ticket. Why do more and more people think they don't have to pay the consequences for their actions?

Well, that is a pretty poor excuse for not paying the ticket. And it was a restricted area to boot. I thought you got the ticket by mistake.

It is a private property and you illegally parked there. You deserved the ticket. How would you like it if someone took your private parking spot in your apartment/condo or your home driveway?

I hope you are not the type of person who will take a handicapped parking spot simply because "no one" is using it.

Oh... So you're above the law?

I understand your thinking but think of it from another angle. That empty lot with 2 cars....if you park there, then another guy, then 10 more then all of a sudden their business is a free lot? They enforce this stuff for a reason...so that people pay to park in their pay parking. That's the whole concept of their business. So yes, you should pay it.

Life's not fair. Next time, if you don't want to pay for parking, take a bus.

edit: unless you don't want to pay for bus fare as well. then walk

They will threaten you, in order just to try to get money. I got a ticket over six years ago and sent threatening letters for months and months, and eventually for about three years. Then They gave up. I check my credit on the Internet but it was never affected, there are ways you can check it on the Internet. Paying for parking is a scam in itself, you should have no moral concerns about not paying a ticket to those criminals. Just because it is law does not mean it's a good law, don't listen to the do good wishy-washy wieners who when asked to jump, ask how high? And it is not a government ticket, so technically it is not a law. People really need to look into these silly tickets before just paying them because they keep getting threatening letters and increases in the amount of the ticket.

But don't take my word for it, search the Internet, look at ways of either not paying the ticket, or doing nothing about it and nothing will ever happen to you.

Archived