The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Zach Parise out 4-6 weeks

Wild forward Zach Parise reportedly has a stress fracture in his foot that could sideline him 4-6 weeks:

Zach Parise may be sidelined for four to six weeks after an MRI has reportedly revealed a stress fracture in his injured foot, according to Michael Russo of the Star Tribune.

Head coach Mike Yeo is no longer referring to the injury as day-to-day and Parise is currently unable to skate, signaling a lengthier absence than initially expected.

We’ve got to keep him off the ice until it starts to feel better and then we might have to keep him off a little bit longer. We just have make sure he gets a full opportunity to heal. It’s a long season and we need him to have the opportunity to go out and perform and compete at the level that he’s capable of.

http://beta.thescore.com/nhl/news/394365

That's unfortunate for Parise but I am glad it happened to the Wild. Hopefully they can keep falling in the standings so we won't have to worry about them battling us for a Wildcard spot. I would rather us face Chicago or Ana then SJS or LA. There's still a bunch of hockey to be played though.

That's unfortunate for Parise but I am glad it happened to the Wild. Hopefully they can keep falling in the standings so we won't have to worry about them battling us for a Wildcard spot. I would rather us face Chicago or Ana then SJS or LA. There's still a bunch of hockey to be played though.

Really hoping for Chicago, if there's a team that the Canucks will get up for its them. Hopefully LA, Ana, SJ can all get beat up a bit through the first round

Archived