The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

which trade

nucks6044

Im.34 working as data entry clerk and looking to get into trades . Previously I.have a business management diploma but never found wirk in industry. This was in 2006 graduated . I want go back school.since my current job is dead end

I heard people say if you do trades you got work up . Like dig ditch to put pipe in , lot physical and unpleasant places since your new guy.

Anyone in the industry and pros and cons.

I just look into it since plumbing trade or construction trade can make lot money .

Which trade is least physical demand as im.not young.

baking program ok at vcc but i dont like waking up early like 6 am and i heard pay is low even after graduation

If you want to work in the trades, you have to prepare yourself for some physical labour. There just isn't anyway around it. Most grizzled journeymen will see you as soft until you can not only prove yourself to be good at the job but also be able to carry the load. Do you have any skills right now? What is attracting you to a trade? Just the money? If that is the case, you better find one that you like as it takes some time to hone the craft; especially if it's the first time you are picking up a tool. Electrician? Carpenter? Mechanic? Welder? Steam Fitter? Machinist? Millwright? The list goes on. Do some research on your own. Find out what each trade requires for schooling and physical labour and choose accordingly. Rememeber though, you have to be good at what you do and take pride in it and not just view it as a better paycheque or you will find the trades world very unforgiving.

As a trades person(fabricator,welder,millwright)

Just by reading your post, you won't work out. Someone who thinks waking up at 6 is too early(be ready for earlier), and doesnt want any physical labour sounds lazy and useless. You are fired. And 34 is still young. Another thing that makes you sound useless and lazy.

Stick to your chair buddy

You make it all sound so easy. Hey just go to trade school, get your red seal, and get a job. If you want to be successful you have to be good at what you do no matter what it is. Many trades are quite demanding, not necessarily physically, and require a lot of studying and training if you want to finish let alone with high grades. I recommend you look into it a lot further before you decide your path.

BCIT and other trade schools offer trades exploration programs that allow you to try a number of different programs for a few weeks each. This will not only give you an idea of whether it's something you will enjoy but also if it is something you could be good at. I'm not sure if it is still the same but they used to apply some of your tuition to the entry level program that you choose, should you decide to pursue it further, and also allow you to jump the que if there is a wait list. Some trades have a 3 year wait list so this is a pretty good deal.

Im.34 working as data entry clerk and looking to get into trades . Previously I.have a business management diploma but never found wirk in industry. This was in 2006 graduated . I want go back school.since my current job is dead end

I heard people say if you do trades you got work up . Like dig ditch to put pipe in , lot physical and unpleasant places since your new guy.

Anyone in the industry and pros and cons.

I just look into it since plumbing trade or construction trade can make lot money .

Which trade is least physical demand as im.not young.

baking program ok at vcc but i dont like waking up early like 6 am and i heard pay is low even after graduation

You can't get a job that starts late, pays really good, is not physically demanding and only requires some easy to get college degree. If you can find a job like that, please tell me so I can let my brother know.

out of the trades you mentioned I'd do plumbing.

A baker wakes at 6am? Nope. Much earlier. Plumbers and construction guys wake at 6 am or so.

The guy sounds lazy as hell. I wake up at 5 am just to go to school. Heck, sometimes even 4 am just to do some studying as I get home late at 7 pm. Really if there is a job where you can lay back, sleep for 14 hours, don't do anything physically demanding and getting paid like a boss, let me know. There is no job that is that slack and still high paying.

Archived