The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Kadri Available

Beastmode33

Per the score:

http://emsite.thesco...nhl/news/395569

There was a comment from Toronto Maple Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle Monday morning that planted the speculation seed on Nazem Kadri's future.

While the Leafs have been dealing with injuries and suspensions through the first two months of the season, Kadri slotted in and has been providing consistent offense. In 37 games played, Kadri has 23 points.

Now Nick Kypreos has confirmed there are two NHL teams that have inquired about the young and promising forward and he has not been excluded from potential trades.

The New York Post's Larry Brooks slid a knowing comment into his Sunday post as well, "Boy oh boy, would the Maple Leafs love to find a taker for Nazem Kadri."

With Nazem Kadri and Jake Gardiner's names floating around the market, it could signal the Leafs are trying to package a deal for a much needed top-six forward or center.

I'd trade Edler for him...I don't think his work ethic would be a problem undert Torts...we have the leadership group that would make him mature and be more of a team player. He also possesses a quite a bit of tenacity and can throw big hits every once in awhile. I say he'd be our equivalent to Marchand if we managed to make a trade with TOR

Vancouver with Torts is the perfect place for Kadri. With proven guys like the Sedins, Bieksa, Kesler, etc. he will settle down a bit and become more of a 'team player'. Vancouver has a good locker room and a decently successlfu recent past.

The kid had 44 points in 48 in his first full year, last year. This year he is struggling a bit after a good start, but I don't see a clear reason why he isn't just in a slump. He's young.

Edler, 3rd for Kadri and Gardiner.

Depth and youth.

I'd trade Edler for him...I don't think his work ethic would be a problem undert Torts...we have the leadership group that would make him mature and be more of a team player. He also possesses a quite a bit of tenacity and can throw big hits every once in awhile. I say he'd be our equivalent to Marchand if we managed to make a trade with TOR

I would risk this for the chance to turn Kadri around. I would consider that a win / win if Kadri really is a problem child in Toronto.

Not sure why they would want to trade him, unless they're getting a better center back because Bozak, Bolland, McClement, Smithson is a pretty crappy center depth.

This!

But lets poke some fun? Maybe it was promised 2 years ago when they called him fat, and wouldn't bring him up? Or when they lowballed him and jammed him on a bridge contract.

Like CoHo, a relationship spoiled early...

All speculation of course! :bigblush:

Seriously, Toronto would be nuts to let go of a scoring center. Add one, but keep Kadri as well...

lmfao

I would risk this for the chance to turn Kadri around. I would consider that a win / win if Kadri really is a problem child in Toronto.

I like Kadri, but I'm not on board!

Last year Kadri would have been a good score when we had to settle the Lou thing...

Since Lou and TO was first discussed 2 summers ago, we drafted Gaunce, we drafted Horvat, we signed Richardson, we signed Santorelli. So why cash in one of our biggest assets (depth on D)?

Another center does not really address our biggest needs.

And after Nonis jammed us at the deadline last year, I'm also only on board if they cough up big time. I would bite for another posters suggestion of Gardiner and Kadri. I'll trade defensive depth for center depth if we get a free PMD?

Some players I'd like to target for Kadri

Travis Hamonic

Martin Hanzal

Patrik Berglund

TJ Oshie

Frans Nielsen

Ryan O'Rielly

Brandon Dubinsky

What are you willing to add to get these guys?

And why does NYI trade you Hamonic? They have two good scoring centers plus have a pretty good prospect in Strome. And they were willing to trade every draft pick they had in 2012 for Ryan Murray. They were that desperate to get blue chip defenders.

What are you willing to add to get these guys?

And why does NYI trade you Hamonic? They have two good scoring centers plus have a pretty good prospect in Strome. And they were willing to trade every draft pick they had in 2012 for Ryan Murray. They were that desperate to get blue chip defenders.

Just stating some players the Leafs could use.

Players like Gardiner could be added as well.

IMO the most attractive pieces are Nielsen and Hanzal, although I'm not sold on Hanzal's playmaking ability.

They're both excellent two way presences we need.

I like Kadri, but I'm not on board!

Last year Kadri would have been a good score when we had to settle the Lou thing...

Since Lou and TO was first discussed 2 summers ago, we drafted Gaunce, we drafted Horvat, we signed Richardson, we signed Santorelli. So why cash in one of our biggest assets (depth on D)?

Another center does not really address our biggest needs.

And after Nonis jammed us at the deadline last year, I'm also only on board if they cough up big time. I would bite for another posters suggestion of Gardiner and Kadri. I'll trade defensive depth for center depth if we get a free PMD?

I hear you but I would do it just to free up our back end for guys aching to play and giving Torts to turn the Kadri around.

Edler, Schroeder & Corrado.

For:Franson, Kadri, Rielly.

Frankie likes the Leafs. Schreds was great with JVR(WJ's). Edler has a good contract(Nonis can't screw that up).

We get TWO BC boys on D. Franson's healthier than Edler; good RH-PMD. Find a team that NEEDS a C, & FLIP Kadri(for a first) before his plane arrives(LOL)...

EDIT..Do we need to toss in a 2nd? Rielly can really fly.

Edler, Schroeder & Corrado.

For:Franson, Kadri, Rielly.

Frankie likes the Leafs. Schreds was great with JVR(WJ's). Edler has a good contract(Nonis can't screw that up).

We get TWO BC boys on D. Franson's healthier than Edler; good RH-PMD. Find a team that NEEDS a C, & FLIP Kadri(for a first) before his plane arrives(LOL)...

LOL

Archived