The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Next NINETEEN Tilts

Nuxfanabroad

...Carries us to the Oly-break. One could possibly call this the most make/break quarter-chunk of the reg sched. Let's count this Philly game(SO-loss) to predict an even twenty games.

Need to get some of our walking-wounded back, soon. Got this tough 8 game stretch, starting this week.

Kinda' hoping Hammy DOESN'T go to Russia. We need our boys ALL IN, & healthy for this 2nd half.

Also, will we see a trade in this quarter? I'd give that about a 50-60% chance.

I'll say we go 11-6-3(incl tonite). Opinions?..

We won't make any trades, there is no chance. We shouldn't, what are we doing to trade? We don't have a strong enough prospect pool to trades picks or prospects and our roster players are not on the block since our D depth is pretty weak with 1 more injury.

It's a good test for the Canucks..they've put themselves in a position to catch some of these Pacific teams...If they don't remedy their PP,they could be on the losing end.....I don't foresee any trades,in fact,there hasn't really been too many this season in the NHL.

It's a good test for the Canucks..they've put themselves in a position to catch some of these Pacific teams...If they don't remedy their PP,they could be on the losing end.....I don't foresee any trades,in fact,there hasn't really been too many this season in the NHL.

Is it because so many teams were forced to get under 64.3 mill, that they all decided to promote youth/change from within? Then it's worked fairly well for many squads(coupled with quite a measure of parity), so perhaps teams have decided to endure young, inexperienced rosters.

This should change as the season goes deeper. I think vets will be more sought after(also a greater % of their cap-hit will have expired). So I think we need to gamble trading a key vet(or even two), in order to add in 1 or 2 areas. Even if we have to gamble with adding more youth, ourselves.

Canucks have been streaky all year up to now. Great winning streaks followed by losing streaks. Canucks haven't been out of many games, and eventhough they've lost leads they shouldn't have to very good teams, they've beat Chicago, St. Louis, San Jose, Colorado, taken the Pens to a shooutout twice, have shown the ability to compete with the Ducks and Kings, while missing significant pieces of the team.

I can't think of too many games where the Canucks looked out-classed the way a team like Edmonton looks on a nightly basis, which the way a lot of people talk about the Canucks, you'd think they were the Oilers. Even comparing the Canucks to the 9-12 teams in the conference the Canucks have better GAA numbers than all of them, they play well home and away. These are all hallmarks of a playoff team.

And comparing the Canucks to the teams above them, the Canucks have more ROW's than LA and San Jose.

I'd expect more of the same as the first half. Big wins, heart-breaking losses, and the hope that the team can get close to 100% healthy, and get some swagger back, and get some luck once and a while too.

Canucks have been streaky all year up to now. Great winning streaks followed by losing streaks. Canucks haven't been out of many games, and eventhough they've lost leads they shouldn't have to very good teams, they've beat Chicago, St. Louis, San Jose, Colorado, taken the Pens to a shooutout twice, have shown the ability to compete with the Ducks and Kings, while missing significant pieces of the team.

I can't think of too many games where the Canucks looked out-classed the way a team like Edmonton looks on a nightly basis, which the way a lot of people talk about the Canucks, you'd think they were the Oilers. Even comparing the Canucks to the 9-12 teams in the conference the Canucks have better GAA numbers than all of them, they play well home and away. These are all hallmarks of a playoff team.

And comparing the Canucks to the teams above them, the Canucks have more ROW's than LA and San Jose.

I'd expect more of the same as the first half. Big wins, heart-breaking losses, and the hope that the team can get close to 100% healthy, and get some swagger back, and get some luck once and a while too.

Agree, & feel so much of it comes down to health. Like Mtl, mid-50's in pts, yet only around + 10 in goals for/against.

Overall, feel the first half gave fans a lot of reasons for optimism. Our team IS getting younger & bigger; also mgt handled the cap-transition rather deftly.

Curious if anyone knows our man-games lost? Wonder where we rank in the league?

Already 0-2-3 with 15 games to go('til Oly break). Guess my prediction was overly optimistic.

At this point, would certainly accept .500 hockey for this quarter-season.

that 0 in the W column could very easily still be there after these next 3 games too. Blues and then Ducks and Kings again

I thought that title was 'The Next NINENTEEN TITS' and I got really excited like aw yeah tits and I was really happy but then I realized 19 is an odd number and that meant one chick was like severed in half (vertically of course) or had a freaky medical condition and that freaked me out and made me paranoid and I started panicking but then I realized the title said tilts not tits and then I just felt stupid. The last 15 seconds have been an emotional roller coaster for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived