The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Simon Cowell and John Tortorella

Bertorama

Is it just me or do we all truly love listening to reason on television? Torts and Cowell are two different worlds but one in the same. I see similarities in both for their blunt straight forward responses to callling it how it is! I'd rather listen to these two then any analyst or commentator going today purely for the fact that you get the straight goods and a solid break down that we all are thinking and relate to night in and night out. If only all the Canucks could be so consistent. Imagine these two giving us the break down on sportsnet! Anyone else love this new coaching style and his after game comments ?

It's just nice to see some emotion and bite from our team. Torts is pure bad a** doesn't take crap from anyone. And we've needed that for a long time. Seems like AV was just standing there chewing his gum.

Our team in the media was so unrepresented Torts gives us the spotlight and in a good way. Loved the guy before and after we picked him up, gotta stop the media from walking all over us.

Is it just me or do we all truly love listening to reason on television? Torts and Cowell are two different worlds but one in the same. I see similarities in both for their blunt straight forward responses to callling it how it is! I'd rather listen to these two then any analyst or commentator going today purely for the fact that you get the straight goods and a solid break down that we all are thinking and relate to night in and night out. If only all the Canucks could be so consistent. Imagine these two giving us the break down on sportsnet! Anyone else love this new coaching style and his after game comments ?

You forgot Gordon Ramsay. How could you forget him? When it comes to game time, both are intense, aggressive and demanding of their players.

Torts gives us the spotlight and in a good way. Loved the guy before and after we picked him up, gotta stop the media from walking all over us.

Torts is a media lightening rod awaiting electrocution.

Torts-media-good way. Not in this lifetime.

It's just nice to see some emotion and bite from our team. Torts is pure bad a** doesn't take crap from anyone. And we've needed that for a long time. Seems like AV was just standing there chewing his gum.

Our team in the media was so unrepresented Torts gives us the spotlight and in a good way. Loved the guy before and after we picked him up, gotta stop the media from walking all over us.

He would rip the media to shreds just like Brooksie. I don't think anyone in the Vancouver media wants to be treated like Brooksie.

Simon Cowell hasn't been a critic since his American Idol days. Now he's just another blind praising judge.

I say Gordon Ramsay and Torts are the mirror image of each other. Both swear and yell at their own players when they make a mistake but they both also have a softer side when the cameras are off and they are outside of their working environment.

Torts is a media lightening rod awaiting electrocution.

Torts-media-good way. Not in this lifetime.

Well you've been wrong about him so far this season so I expect that trend to continue.

Torts has been tough but fair in games and after games. The vancouver media has (as expected) done their usual routine and ran around chasing their tails. None of them will ask anything that isn't a cliche because they know they have a guy who isn't afraid to answer them which would put them in a position to have to provide some semblance of hockey intelligence.

Archived