The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Leafs extend Phaneuf

Drouin

Toronto Maple Leafs@MapleLeafs4m

The #Leafs have signed Dion Phaneuf to a seven-year contract extension: #PhaneufSigned pic.twitter.com/4gYEXHpl8u

Bc0me72CIAM_uzZ.png

7 years / 49M total.

http://www.capgeek.com/player/442

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger

Phaneuf extension includes modified no-trade clause beginning in year 1 of extension. He has no protection until extension kicks in...

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger14m

One of main stumbling blocks in Phaneuf negotiation was determining # of teams on acceptable trade list. It's more than 10.

Did he get a no trade clause as well? They mentioned it in 24/7. Because if he did then this just gets better lol

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger16m

Phaneuf extension includes modified no-trade clause beginning in year 1 of extension. He has no protection until extension kicks in...

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger14m

One of main stumbling blocks in Phaneuf negotiation was determining # of teams on acceptable trade list. It's more than 10.

Leafs Cap next season

http://www.capgeek.com/mapleleafs

UFA players: Bolland, McClement, Kulemin, Raymond, Trevor Ranger Fraser

RFA players: Holland, D'Amigo, Franson, Gardiner and the msot important one....Reimer.

Current cap: $66 million

After LTIR: $63 million

Next season the Leafs will have less than $20 million to qualify, sign or extend quite a lot of impact players currently on very reasonable contracts. We have seen what the market will bear. Sucks to be Nonis right now because the Leafs show/showed flashes of solid play.

Leafs Cap next season

http://www.capgeek.com/mapleleafs

UFA players: Bolland, McClement, Kulemin, Raymond, Trevor Ranger Fraser

RFA players: Holland, D'Amigo, Franson, Gardiner and the msot important one....Reimer.

Current cap: $66 million

After LTIR: $63 million

Next season the Leafs will have less than $20 million to qualify, sign or extend quite a lot of impact players currently on very reasonable contracts. We have seen what the market will bear. Sucks to be Nonis right now because the Leafs show/showed flashes of solid play.

It would be nice to pry Franson away with an offersheet. Or just send them a couple of picks. I can't imagine him wanting to wait forever for another deal, and will probably look for something around 4.5-5 million, which would tie their hands even more.

It would be nice to pry Franson away with an offersheet. Or just send them a couple of picks. I can't imagine him wanting to wait forever for another deal, and will probably look for something around 4.5-5 million, which would tie their hands even more.

Do we still have Cain in our system? Both Franson boys would be a decent draw for him. And I am sure that $3.5 for a yeoman wouldn't be to bad. He isn't very experienced and while having great size needs to refine that defensive end of his game.

Do we still have Cain in our system? Both Franson boys would be a decent draw for him. And I am sure that $3.5 for a yeoman wouldn't be to bad. He isn't very experienced and while having great size needs to refine that defensive end of his game.

I don't believe Cain is in our system, but he was invited to our Prospect camp a few years ago. Cody was partners with Hamhuis back in Nashville, so that would be another draw for him.

I haven't watched him that closely, but I feel he is one of TO's more underrated defensemen. What with Phaneuf, Gardiner and Reilly always being talked about, Franson quietly has flown under the radar, and we have a few guys that could cover for him defensively in Hammer, Tanev, Stanton or Garrison.

Archived