The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Tim Gleason to Leafs and JML to Carolina

AriGold

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m

TOR prospect going to CAR with J-M Liles for Gleason is defenceman Dennis Robertson, 6th round pick in 2011 draft.

Sounds like a good deal for TO. They have too many puck movers and Liles wasn't getting any ice time there. Gleason gives them a solid shutdown guy to take some pressure off Phaneuf.

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger 42s

Gleason is a $4 mil cap hit who will earn $4.5 mil next year and $3.5 mil the year following.

So the Leafs take on an additional 125K in salary cap

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie 14s

Dennis Robertson is a senior at Brown University. 3G-5A-8P-39PIM in 12 GP this season. 22 years old. 6-1, 215.

Leafs add on another bad contract. Has potential to be a good deal for the Leafs if Gleason turns it around but even then, doubt he plays to worthy to his cap. Almost a lateral deal but it is low risk high reward for both teams, change if scenery for both players.

Cap hit of both players is a wash. CAR really needs offence from the back end. This is a good gamble for them. JML was a 35-40 pt dman before being traded to TOR, numbers plummeted in TOR. I'm going to give JML the benefit of the doubt and say it's TOR fault he's been horrible.

I've liked Gleasons game for a while, but he hasn't been the same since taking a head shot.

When on his game, he's a top notch physical shut down d, who blocks shots and stands up for his teammates. Price tag is high on the salary end, but he shouldnt really have much trouble fitting into the Carlyle system.

I wonder what else TO has up their sleeves. Kadri and Gardner on the block... Is that enough to pry Evander Kane i wonder? Or perhaps a Yakupov, Gagner package?

Both guys are widely considered to be overpaid. Toronto gets the tougher defensive but overpaid dman, and Carolina gets the offensive but overpaid dman.

I wouldn't be surprised if Orr, mclaren, or both are on their way out with clarkson and Gleason expectd to bring the toughness.

I've liked Gleasons game for a while, but he hasn't been the same since taking a head shot.

When on his game, he's a top notch physical shut down d, who blocks shots and stands up for his teammates. Price tag is high on the salary end, but he shouldnt really have much trouble fitting into the Carlyle system.

I wonder what else TO has up their sleeves. Kadri and Gardner on the block... Is that enough to pry Evander Kane i wonder? Or perhaps a Yakupov, Gagner package?

Good points. I think toronto is gonna try get a #1 center and use kadri, gardiner, orr and mclaren (necesary to take them to free up additional cap room for toronto ) and draft picks as trade bait.

Edit: I could see Ribeiro and halpern going from Phoenix for kadri, gardiner, and mclaren or Orr,

Archived