The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Just what the hell are the game developers thinking these days?

Papayas

Is it me or the quality of the game developers are just getting lower each year?

First we have EA and its amazing bf4. Wtf were they smoking when they try to put the idea of china and a rebellion into a same game? Oo lets not forget the amount of bugs and craps that comes with the game.

Then there is a car racing game call grid 2 that I got from playstation store. It's supposed to be a pretty big racing game for consoles, and the developer forget to give it a split screen function. I mean how the hell can a game developer make a racing game for TV without a local multiplayer function?

Little big planet karting? There are no tourney or cup mode for a freaking kart racing game. The player have to select a new stage manually every single time a match is over! To make it worse, there are no weight class for the cars in the game. How could anyone make that? All you need to do is to look at Mario kart, change the models, and you will end up with a perfect kart game for the playstation. Instead we got a half baked game where the loading time and stage selection time would end up almost as long as the match

Remember the great diablo 3 where the item drop was balanced around real money in game auction house? Of course that was until they realize how screw up the feature was and took it down a year after release...... Did I mention the offline mode? O they didn't have one.

Then blizzard sliced the Starcraft 2 series into 4 parts and call the other three "expansion". No, holding off contents that should be in one game, and sell them four times is just wrong

Nhl 14? It's 90% the same as the previous one. EA didn't even bother to give it new features for crying out loud! And they charge ppl 60 bucks for what is basically a roster update.

Do I need to go on? What is wrong with video game these days? The developers are so caught up with the visual elements that they can't even give ppl some of the most basic feature of a video game.

NBA 2K14 cannot go a single day without the servers not working for a couple days. Games been out for months.

Get this, 2K14 STILL has a bug where you csnnot change the money you offer free agents or to resign your players for GM MODE! STILL to this day, how could you miss something like that before releasing a game? They did not test it. Never buying a game from these idiots again.

Most of these are just whining, but I agree BF4 is trash. I had it freeze on me 3 times in a row yesterday and it usually freezes once every day or so.

Not to mention you can't change your class unless you\re in battle, what a crap sytem.

ALL HAIL BF BC2, too bad no one plays it anymore. I couldn't find a single server.

Does anyone play BF 1943 anymore??

NBA 2K14 cannot go a single day without the servers not working for a couple days. Games been out for months.

Get this, 2K14 STILL has a bug where you csnnot change the money you offer free agents or to resign your players for GM MODE! STILL to this day, how could you miss something like that before releasing a game? They did not test it. Never buying a game from these idiots again.

You do realize 2k is better than EA at making NBA games, so if you want to play a NBA game that is actually good then it's got to be 2k.

I find the problem is theyre more interested in beating the competition in release dates rather than beating them in gameplay and stability. I would rather wait for a game and have it awesome than get it now and have it missing half of the game and unstable as hell. If this continues I see franchises like bf and cod dieing off.

You do realize 2k is better than EA at making NBA games, so if you want to play a NBA game that is actually good then it's got to be 2k.

Well not a huge NBA fan, however it seemed like the best sports game out there for next gen so I bought it. Fun game when its working, but extremely disappointed with the company. Once NHL and other games start rolling for next gen, I wont ever buy a NBA game, or 2K game again in the near future.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$

$

$$$$$$

$

$$$$$$$

$

and finally, $$

That's what they are thinking.

but a better quality from their games will give them more money... The topic isn't about them being cheap or greedy, but it's just that they tend to focus on the useless things and ignore some of the more important features for their games...

I mean building a racing game without split screen is like building a single player only sport game... It just doesn't make sense..

2013 was an amazing year for games IMO. This thread would of been more viable in 2012.

GTA 5

The Last of Us

Assassin's Creed 4

Dead Space 3

Crysis 3

Bioshock Infinite

these two were meh, but I agree with the rest of the list.

I would include Tomb Raider and SC: Blacklist as well.

This

but a better quality from their games will give them more money... The topic isn't about them being cheap or greedy, but it's just that they tend to focus on the useless things and ignore some of the more important features for their games...

I mean building a racing game without split screen is like building a single player only sport game... It just doesn't make sense..

Every game now has some sort of pay to play better feature. Hockey player slow? Buy a boost pack. Cant afford that Adder in Gta? Buy some in-game cash.

Want some extra maps? Better buy it on X system cuz they cut the developers a deal.

Profit before players. They rather implement features that generate more revenue then the features you say are lacking. Look no further than EA.

Well not a huge NBA fan, however it seemed like the best sports game out there for next gen so I bought it. Fun game when its working, but extremely disappointed with the company. Once NHL and other games start rolling for next gen, I wont ever buy a NBA game, or 2K game again in the near future.

You should play My Career mode, it's honestly the most fun. I'm pretty much hooked to the game because if My Career.

The Virtual Currency system the game uses is truly ruining the series.

Archived