The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Is this fair value?

No way.

TO has enough defensemen.

Kassian is basically a lower skilled version of JVR

and Corrado is not needed by TO.

On top of that;

Vancouver doesn't need what JVR has to offer as much as it used to - we need somebody with a much higher scoring profile. - if we make a move in that direction.

And we are back to overvaluing everyone elses players instead of our own. what a bi polar forum

It flips either way, the middle is a hard ground to find, but if the team values a player the value returning to them usually is above even

None of these trades would work...Toronto now that they have Gleason is getting set on defence so Edler is out...and Why would they trade JVR? Him and Kessel are driving the offence for them so I just don't see it working...Now Fransen if could find common ground for him I would be all for it but I just don't see us finding that until the offseason

When people constantly refer to Kassian as a power forward or a Lucic down the road it makes me puke a little bit in my mouth.

To be a power forward you have to play with "power". Kassian plays softer than the Sedins. He can fight, but he's got zero bite to his game until he does fight and I see nothing that makes me think he'll ever be a power forward. The only reason people think he's a power forward is because MG says he is. Bieksa would probably be a better power forward than Kassian if he just played forward.

Why would Toronto want to do this in the first place?

Exactly JVR has been a beast for them all year and he has been doing great with Kessel on the Leafs first line they need him to make the playoffs and the best thing for the Leafs is that he is still young and has a lot if room to grow he is exactly the type of player we desperately need with a exceptional mix of size and skill

Please this would happen if the leafs fall out of the playoffs, so basically near the deadline, and I know this wont ever happened. But in the title how is it value wise?

it probably still will not happen because JVR is under contract and is still really young

Archived