The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Crossing the border to shop

kdub69

Spend your money in Canada!

Why? If I go to US and buy somefing, I might save 50 cent. Then go to another place there and save another 50 cent. Thats 1 dollar. Then I go to the dollar store and buy somefing else. BE A MAN...DO THE RIGHT THING!

Best places to shop when crossing the border i will be heading to the seattle premium outlets just wondering if there are any great shops/deals along the way to the outlets.. Thanks!

Are you looking for something specifically? I have been to the Seattle Premium Outlets several times before and most of the stuff there is pretty expensive. I don't think it's worth driving all the way to Seattle to find the prices of some items the same of what you could get in Bellingham or even here! Whenever I head down to the South, I usually go to either Bellingham or Burlington for shopping as there are a lot of shopping centers there where you can find all sorts of deals.

Burlington seems to be more of a hidden gem. I mean people stop there, but more of the focus seems to be on either Bellingham or the Premium Outlet by Tulalip., which it shouldn't be. So much easier to find stuff in Burlington.

Are you looking for something specifically? I have been to the Seattle Premium Outlets several times before and most of the stuff there is pretty expensive. I don't think it's worth driving all the way to Seattle to find the prices of some items the same of what you could get in Bellingham or even here! Whenever I head down to the South, I usually go to either Bellingham or Burlington for shopping as there are a lot of shopping centers there where you can find all sorts of deals.

You guys know much about paying Duty? Or how to avoid it? I want to save money and have a better selection of stuff but wondering if I'll actually end up paying more if I only go for 24 hours and on the way back they make me pay Duty on everything.
Two example as of why only the braindead cbs

I'm not completely sure what the limits are for a day trip but I typically report anywhere between $100-250 for two people and usually don't have a problem. Been charged twice in 7 years and the values were for $210 (one person) and $330 reported (two people). I rarely ever go above $400 and if I do we usually stay overnight. I agree if you want to save money go to Ross. Also tulalip outlet is no longer the deal it once was.

Archived