The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Tomas Hertl out 6-9 months

Huge, huge blow for the Sharks as Tomas Hertl could reportedly miss six to nine months due to knee surgery:

Injured San Jose Sharks winger Tomas Hertl underwent a surgical procedure to repair two ligaments in his knee earlier this week. Officially Hertl is listed as "out indefinitely," but he could miss as much as nine months according to a former NHL team trainer.

Citing "a former NHL team trainer familiar with Hertl's type of injury" CSN's Kevin Kurz is reporting that Hertl will likely miss a minimum of 12 weeks as he convalesces. But he could miss a good deal more time than that.

"A PCL is about as big around as your pinkie," the trainer who hasn't treated Hertl told Kurz. "Let’s say a quarter of the PCL was torn, and they went in and cleaned up the fibers, and stuff like that. Well, then it won’t be six months. It will probably be three months."

Continued Kurz's source: “Usually, a PCL repair or reconstruction is about the same rehab time as an ACL reconstruction. If they truly reconstructed and fixed it, it’s a six-to-nine month process.”

http://beta.thescore.com/nhl/news/397216

Ouch, certainly helps us out against them.

Exactly it hurts the Sharks so it is a benefit to us but now they better not acquire another top six guy at the deadline that is why I want major season ending surgeries after the trade deadline to opposing west contenders

If this kid doesn't come back in full form....Dustin Brown has something coming...

As much as this helps the Canucks out....this kid was having an AMAZING year. I think he easily could have put up 40 goals with Thornton and Marleau, and WHO was the last rookie to do that?? Actually? Ovechkin? That's some pretty good company

Well I am sure that the Sharks will be watching Brown closely. I am sure the league will be as well. How on earth Brown skated away suspension free is beyond me.

He has a history of hanging his leg into other players as evidenced by someones 10 clip long you tube post. Yet again, Hansen got multiple games for cuddling Hossa's helmet with his glove.

This league is going to see peoples careers end before it really steps up. That instigator penalty needs to go, because I guarantee once it does, so do ugly hits like this and players like Brown

That's gotta Hertl

lololololololololololololololololololol

lol

LOL !!

Im a lil disappointed in all the Canucks fans upset with this injury; plays for the divers for fricks sake! I don't want him making a full recovery, unless we trade for him.

As for Brown, I hope those two mouth breathing squads knock the snot out of eachother; a few more injuries wouldn't be a bad thing.

Well I am sure that the Sharks will be watching Brown closely. I am sure the league will be as well. How on earth Brown skated away suspension free is beyond me.

He has a history of hanging his leg into other players as evidenced by someones 10 clip long you tube post. Yet again, Hansen got multiple games for cuddling Hossa's helmet with his glove.

This league is going to see peoples careers end before it really steps up. That instigator penalty needs to go, because I guarantee once it does, so do ugly hits like this and players like Brown

I agree. To add to the point regarding the instigator penalty, I've always wondered why it is there. If a guy pummels an unwilling combatant, give him the only 5 for fighting. No need for an instigator minor and add a 10 or game misconduct as the situation warrants. Nice and simple. I'm sure the instigator penalty was brought in to protect the stars, clearly the only people it protects are the Browns and Marchands of the NHL world. I doubt you'll see McGrattan trying to fight Henrik Sedin if the instigator rule was ever revoked.

Dustin Brown has perfected the suspension-free open ice knee-on-knee hit.

Great skill to have.

Yep he sure has perfected it to an art form. We should call him "Master Brown" from here and on for his truly tremendous ability to injure opposing players.

Archived