The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Nikita Tryamkin

So for those of you following world juniors, Russia has an undrafted 19 year old defenceman who is 6'7 229lbs, at 19!. He currently plays in the KHL however this guy could be a bargain no losses pickup. I know our management corps doesn't really prefer Russians, however why not take a look at a possible Russian Chara/Myers (simply going on size here). Thoughts?

So for those of you following world juniors, Russia has an undrafted 19 year old defenceman who is 6'7 229lbs, at 19!. He currently plays in the KHL however this guy could be a bargain no losses pickup. I know our management corps doesn't really prefer Russians, however why not take a look at a possible Russian Chara/Myers (simply going on size here). Thoughts?

Yeah, I watched him against the US. He physically dominated the Americans (some hits were borderline dirty and dangerous) but he hits alot and looks like a monster.

Yeah, I watched him against the US. He physically dominated the Americans (some hits were borderline dirty and dangerous) but he hits alot and looks like a monster.

if that is the case we certainty have to jump all over this guy and get him signed low risk high reward we have nothing to lose he will just be a prospect

• 5 months later...

He's 20 years old and has a contract for 2 more years in KHL so we won't see him till he's 22.

He is at draft and was interviewed on team 1040 with help from the Canuck's Russian scout as translator.

Bure was a favorite player and he's familiar with the Canucks.

Good call man, Respect :)

• 4 weeks later...

Great pic of him dumping Sam Reinhart on his backside here:

http://www.puckrant.com/KHL/the-khls-top-teens-part-2

Nikita Tryamkin (August 30, 1994, 41 gp, 1-6-7, +3): Nikita Tryamkin is a name that North American fans may want to keep in mind as the NHL draft approaches. The 19-year-old, who plays for his hometown team in Yekaterinburg, is ranked 25th on Central Scouting's list of European skaters, and he has the sort of size that makes scouts sit up and pay attention. To wit, he's 6'7" tall, and weighs 230 lbs! And there is every sign that he can play, too. Tryamkin split last season between the junior MHL and the wreckage of Avtomobilist's last-place KHL campaign, and he acquited himself well at both levels. This year, he has spent the whole season with the big club, playing almost 17 minutes per night and generally keeping his head above water as the team has stormed back to respectability. He is in almost a perfect situation, with enough veteran help in Avtomobilist's defense corps that he can be brought along gently, and while 7 points in 41 games may not look like much, it will do just fine for a young defenseman (Tryamkin has also scored well at the junior level, so that number should improve). The NHL will almost certainly come calling this June, and Tryamkin could be a very valuable mid-round pickup for whoever selects him.

Great pic of him dumping Sam Reinhart on his backside here:

http://www.puckrant.com/KHL/the-khls-top-teens-part-2

Nikita Tryamkin (August 30, 1994, 41 gp, 1-6-7, +3): Nikita Tryamkin is a name that North American fans may want to keep in mind as the NHL draft approaches. The 19-year-old, who plays for his hometown team in Yekaterinburg, is ranked 25th on Central Scouting's list of European skaters, and he has the sort of size that makes scouts sit up and pay attention. To wit, he's 6'7" tall, and weighs 230 lbs! And there is every sign that he can play, too. Tryamkin split last season between the junior MHL and the wreckage of Avtomobilist's last-place KHL campaign, and he acquited himself well at both levels. This year, he has spent the whole season with the big club, playing almost 17 minutes per night and generally keeping his head above water as the team has stormed back to respectability. He is in almost a perfect situation, with enough veteran help in Avtomobilist's defense corps that he can be brought along gently, and while 7 points in 41 games may not look like much, it will do just fine for a young defenseman (Tryamkin has also scored well at the junior level, so that number should improve). The NHL will almost certainly come calling this June, and Tryamkin could be a very valuable mid-round pickup for whoever selects him.

Ferraro was drooling over him at the WJC's, if this guy develops properly not too many gus will want to forecheck on him. Lol guy could be 250 in NHL trim.

future pairings in 2-3 yrs

sbisa corrado

cederholm hutton

tryamkin subban

More like 5-6 years Bieksa, Hamhuis and Edler are not going to retire that fast and early........

and where is Ryan Stanton and Chris Tanev? They are both so young..... LOL!

More like in 5-6: Assuming they keep resigning Hamhuis, Bieksa and Edler (which is expected) and then maybe trade them later on sometime:

Tanev Hutton

Sbisa Cederholm

Corrado Tyramkin

Subban Stanton

Something like that Idk some players may not work out. But that is more like what it will be.

That's top secret information...

ha too funny. i loved that clip of benning at the draft. i gotta say im a fan and thought i was pretty solid in the scouting department cuz i had made a post on tsn b4 the draft predicting mcann and demko. but to find an obscure giant from the khl and decide to take a chance and say we should snag him knowing full well the trolls and know it alls on here might bash you. all i can say is a tip of my hat my friend, well done!!!

Archived