The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Edm gets immediate help.

as much as I would drool over taking edmontons best player, despite having clear dain bramage from not wearing a helmet all those years playing, MacTavish isnt stupid enough to throw Eberle away. The guy they wanna get rid of is Yakupov. And I sure as hell dont want a russian prima donna playing on the Nucks. Well unless they want Archibald and a 4th round pick.

Good deal!

The ultimate CDC crime. God have mercy on those who don't use tags.

Well, it's probably preferable for him to edit his post rather than have the mods lock it. That, and I don't want to see a thread on the front page titled "Edler for Eberle" thinking it's a breaking trade.

EDIT: doubt he even sees the replies in his proposals anyway, looks like a mod was kind and edited it for him.

Edler for Eberle straight up should be enough. If Edmonton wants more hang up the phone.

Edler for Eberle would not be enough, Eberle almost has as many points as the Sedins on a trash team and Edler is playing terribly bad currently.

Edler for Eberle would not be enough, Eberle almost as as many points as the Sedins on a trash team and Edler is playing terribly bad currently.

I agree with this assessment.. which is why it boggles me even me as to why would we trade a player when they're at their lowest value...

I agree with this assessment.. which is why it boggles me even me as to why would we trade a player when they're at their lowest value...

But we're also not supposed to trade them at their highest (or higher) value also..........Pavol Demitra, David Booth, etc............it shouldn't matter how well they are or aren't playing, you should trade them if you're filling a need and getting reasonable value in exchange.

I would do that trade in a heart beat and it does make sense for both teams. We might have to toss in a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick as well to make it happen, but we'd be getting Edmonton's best player and someone who might be as good or better than the Sedins.

Trading inside the division is overrated. As long as you fill a need or get the best of the deal, who cares in the team is in your division. The only reason you shouldn't trade in the division is if you get fleeced and then you should just be fired anyways.

But we're also not supposed to trade them at their highest (or higher) value also..........Pavol Demitra, David Booth, etc............it shouldn't matter how well they are or aren't playing, you should trade them if you're filling a need and getting reasonable value in exchange.

I would do that trade in a heart beat and it does make sense for both teams. We might have to toss in a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick as well to make it happen, but we'd be getting Edmonton's best player and someone who might be as good or better than the Sedins.

Trading inside the division is overrated. As long as you fill a need or get the best of the deal, who cares in the team is in your division. The only reason you shouldn't trade in the division is if you get fleeced and then you should just be fired anyways.

I agree with you that trading within division is grossly overrated if there is a trade that makes your team better you should make it without hesitation

Archived