The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] A few fit for our top 6

drew stafford is having a bad year for the 2nd year in a row. but his team is offensive challenge. he entering his prime, is a great play maker. If I remember correctly he played with kesler at the Olympics, and had great chemistry. he is a former 30 assist man and is a cheap answer at only 4million.

hansen

jensen

for

stafford

if we want a sniper we should go after semin. 7million is a bit pricy but with the cap going up it not that bad. he is russia and could bolt but he is a big time shooting and could really help the sedins be affected again. Their problem they don't have burrows much this year and need somebody who can just shoot the puck. see kesler for sucess. Semin has decent size above 6' and 200IBS

edler

schroeder

1st

for

semin

I am not suggesting we do BOTH of these trades but I think this could be the only answer we could get with out overpaying and ruining our future.

Thoughts?

No. Semin isn't worth it especially at that price and certainly not while being a flight risk.

Hansen is producing decently is still one of the best 3rd line players in the league and people need to stop writing off Jensen, He will need a few extra seasons but once he gets more than 3rd line mins in Utica and some decent linemates he will shine

I would make neither of those trades Semin is player that has had 50 goal talent and 20 goal effort for a long time now and we need guys thr compete hard in Torts system and Stafford is a another Booth with the same cap hit so I am not a big fan of him

Canucks are good at improving via FA. Stick with that and add good prospects. Recipe for long term success, stop with the rentals.

None of these players are rentals, also both are entering/in their prime

Both are cheap and have huge protential here. Both are big guys meant for playoffs.

Archived