Clifford Fraser Nolan

Doughty Regehr

Voylov Mitchell

Greene Muzzin

Jones

Scrivens

Starter: Quick

PREVIEW:

If the Los Angeles Kings can win Saturday night against the Vancouver Canucks, they'll avoid a pair of unwanted circumstances.

A home loss would give the Kings their longest losing streak in six years and allow the Canucks, who expect No. 1 goaltender Roberto Luongo back, to jump them for third place in the Pacific Division.

The Kings (25-13-4) have scored six goals on a five-game losing streak and been shut out twice in that span -- that happened once through their first 37 games. They last lost six straight when they dropped eight in a row Dec. 12-26, 2007.

It might have been over six years ago, but key players from that team can likely recall what that stretch felt like. Leading scorer Anze Kopitar also led the team in points that season, and current team captain Dustin Brown was also with Los Angeles.

"Myself and the other team leaders, we need to kind of step it up in the right direction," Brown said after the Kings lost 5-0 in St. Louis on Thursday to close a four-game road trip.

The Canucks (23-12-7) have gone 10-2-2 since the start of December to get within a point of the Kings for third in the Pacific. They didn't take advantage of their first chance to pass them Wednesday when they suffered a 4-2 home loss to Tampa Bay, and Canucks coach John Tortorella didn't make any effort to dress up the loss.

"It was our worst game of the year," Tortorella told the team's official website. "We deserved to lose that one. I just think it was a game that we were out of sorts, out of sync, and it wasn't just one particular guy. It was the whole team. And you know what? It's in the trash can already."

The Canucks have lost the first two meetings with the Kings, 3-2 in overtime on Nov. 25 in Vancouver and 5-1 on Nov. 9 in Los Angeles.

Kings center Mike Richards scored in both games and has four points against the Canucks this season, though he has one point in his last 10 games. He's gone 17 games without a goal since scoring against the Canucks.

Vancouver had Luongo in goal for both meetings this season. He has missed the last three games with a lower-body injury but said Friday after practice that he's ready to return for the trip to Southern California, which includes a game in Anaheim on Sunday.

Luongo has lost five straight to the Kings dating back to the 2012 postseason, posting a 3.50 goals-against average and .879 save percentage.

The Kings are also close to getting their No. 1 goaltender back, though Jonathan Quick's AHL rehab assignment with Manchester this week was canceled due to inclement weather for travel. Quick, named Wednesday to the United States Olympic roster, suffered a strained groin Nov. 12 in Buffalo.

Ben Scrivens and Martin Jones have a combined .880 save percentage during the five-game skid while giving up 16 goals.

"We need to turn it around," defenseman Drew Doughty said after the season-worst five-goal loss to the Blues. We're down on ourselves and that's why we got smoked."

Special teams have also been an issue. Los Angeles has killed just 69.2 percent of short-handed situations in its last six games while managing two power-play goals in 17 opportunities.

Vancouver has converted one power play in its last 19 chances.

If Vancouver can get a regulation win, then we become 3rd place in our division.

Will be a good test to see, how we bounce back.

Nucks win 4-2

Kesler

Higgins

D sedin

H sedin (empty night)

carter

kopitar

will edit things, such as add the preview, and starting goalies.

Boy, it feels good doing my first GDT hope you guys like it!

edit: if someone knows the starters, can you please pm me/post them in the thread.

I think I hate CBC games now more because of the complaining on CDC of the eastern bias than the eastern bias itself.

Focus on the game, gents. Kings have lost five in a row after getting wrecked on home ice today. It'd be nice for us to get a W after the craptiest game of the season~

Wow Kings have lost 5 in a row! If we win we will jump into 5th place in the west, even though the Kings are struggling it's always a tough, physical game. Should be a good one (Other then hearing the cast praise the leafs non stop).

yes the Kings will be desperate for a victory and so they will come out and play extremely hard but I think the Canucks win 4 to 3

Archived