The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

awesome book for long-suffering Canucks fans!

WhatsWrongWithLumme?

Anyone heard or read the new book "The Lonely End of the Rink: Confessions of a Reluctant Goaltender"?? On the surface I thought it was about beer-league hockey but I was kinda surprised, and very much enjoyed the fact that, besides the beer league goalie stuff there is a really detailed first-person and really funny account of what it has been like for the writer to be a long-suffering Canucks fan during all three of the Canucks' Stanley Cup Runs...

As someone who has also sweated through all three Cup runs myself I could totally relate to the dedication, humour, and ultimate disappointment. (He was a kid in '82, a teenager (?) in '94, and an adult in '11, pretty much same as me).

He definitely has his fave Canucks (mostly the goalies... big Luongo fan, sticks up for Cloutier), and definitely craps all over the Messier/Keenan dark days, but it's mostly postitive and FUNNY. Adores Linden, Smyl, etc.

I got it for Xmas and read it in two days. Apparently it's at Chapters and whatnot. Let me know if you're heard of it or read it. Killer book!

Anyone heard or read the new book "The Lonely End of the Rink: Confessions of a Reluctant Goaltender"?? On the surface I thought it was about beer-league hockey but I was kinda surprised, and very much enjoyed the fact that, besides the beer league goalie stuff there is a really detailed first-person and really funny account of what it has been like for the writer to be a long-suffering Canucks fan during all three of the Canucks' Stanley Cup Runs...

As someone who has also sweated through all three Cup runs myself I could totally relate to the dedication, humour, and ultimate disappointment. (He was a kid in '82, a teenager (?) in '94, and an adult in '11, pretty much same as me).

He definitely has his fave Canucks (mostly the goalies... big Luongo fan, sticks up for Cloutier), and definitely craps all over the Messier/Keenan dark days, but it's mostly postitive and FUNNY. Adores Linden, Smyl, etc.

I got it for Xmas and read it in two days. Apparently it's at Chapters and whatnot. Let me know if you're heard of it or read it. Killer book!

'Nother 3-timer here myself. I think I'll search for that book at Chapters. Thanks for the heads-up.

Archived