The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Joffrey Lupul fined $10,000

No suspension, garbage Leaf league?

Even the homers Kypper and MacLean said 2-3 easy.

He's a repeat offender who retaliates and completely crosschecks an innocent player (the wrong guy) in the head neck area. Just unbelievable. And people wonder why I shake my head at this world sometimes.

I'm not surprised by the league's inability to punish players properly.

If Lupul got the suspension he deserved here, I doubt he'd make another stupid play like this again.

This after he tried to kill Hank too. No wonder he doesn't learn.

Temper tantrums will catch up with Lupul. He can't control himself and someone else will have to pay before he figures this out.

Until discipline is used to deter rather than cover up plays like this players like him will pull the same old crap.

Such a joke, a clearly intentional and dangerous play. Lupul's excuse was that he meant to crosscheck Eaves in the shoulder, but hit him in the head by accident. He shouldn't be crosschecking in the first place. If Kassian got 5 reg season games for an accidently play Lupul should get more. Boulerice got 25 games for crosschecking Kesler in the head too. Instead Lupul is fined 10,000. With his salary that's like putting a dollar in the swear jar.

Nice Shanny. $10k fine for a repeat offender. That'll sure teach him a lesson :rolleyes: Pathetic Lupul only gets a slap on the wrist for a blatant cross check to the head after not getting anything for trying to end Henrik's season and dinging his own guy instead. Joke.

Archived