The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Torts preaching PP (video included)

TheRussianRocket.

So yea, another user made a similar thread but didn't really mention exactly what Tortorella said so here's a bit clearer version..

On SC, there was a section where TSN is talking about the Nucks PP woes and up comes footage of Torts giving the team heck at practice and emphasizing what they have to do on the PP to improve/score. Was like a 10 or second clip or so of Torts going off at the players and here's quote on quote what he says about the power play:

We get (expletive/f***ed) all in the blueline! (expletive/f**k) all! Get infront of the (expletive/f***ing) goalie and bang away in the (expletive/f***ing) blue or get a tip in. That's the weak spot on our (expletive/f***ing) powerplay!

...pure gold. That's how you coach. He's been here long enough now and he won't continue on giving get out of jail free cards for poor performances. About time he does what he's best at and gets the message across because unfortunately, it wasn't working before so time to toughen up and swallow the pill.

Edit: sorry I don't have a link to the footage but will post once I find it if it comes up.

Link to video courtesy of Jaimito:

Definitely warranted making another thread instead of posting this in the one made 40mins prior :picard:

So yea, another user made a similar thread but didn't really mention exactly what Tortorella said so here's a bit clearer version..

Chill out dude, and that thread basically went off track so thought it'd be best to start a fresh thread where more people can be aware of what he said, jeez lol

Chill out dude, and that thread basically went off track so thought it'd be best to start a fresh thread where more people can be aware of what he said, jeez lol

Seems to be a common occurence on this forum were topics go off track, or if someone states something, they get all "oh ya well."

Thanks for writing what he said, I didn't have time, cuz I was working.

Split up the Sedins or just sit them. They don't seem to understand how the PP works. It just looks like their regular cycle.

They are greedy that way and they have to understand there are 3 other guys out there and that shooting the puck in order to create odd man situations is how a PP works. So sick of seeing them piss around with it. Anyone can play a PP, put Sestito out there with Santorelli, Kesler, or Schroeder.

Even Weise would be way better.

Archived