The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

rebuild juice for calgary proposal

Before people jump on this....I think that is a deal Burke looks at. There;s potential in ALL of the players mentioned, but Calgary runs less of a risk of Boom or bust with so many.

They still never do it but they consider it. I personally do not even consider giving Calgary that much though

When you say you don't consider giving them that much, do you mean 4 minor leaguers (1 of whom couldn't make the Cdn. World Junior team) and a pick that won't get you anything in a weak draft for an NHL ready stud 18/19 year old kid?

When you say you don't consider giving them that much, do you mean 4 minor leaguers (1 of whom couldn't make the Cdn. World Junior team) and a pick that won't get you anything in a weak draft for an NHL ready stud 18/19 year old kid?

That NHL ready stud got injured pretty bad and is out for a while. Shinkaruk and gaunce were also "NHL ready" but were sent back to juniors. Shinkaruk got hurt, Gaunce is lighting it up decently.

NHL ready is kind of a subjective term really. Anyone drafted is considered NHL ready, but how many rookies actually survive their first year without significant injury?

Before people jump on this....I think that is a deal Burke looks at. There;s potential in ALL of the players mentioned, but Calgary runs less of a risk of Boom or bust with so many.

They still never do it but they consider it. I personally do not even consider giving Calgary that much though

Sean Monahan is one of Calgary's best player as a rookie. They don't even get close to considering it.

That NHL ready stud got injured pretty bad and is out for a while. Shinkaruk and gaunce were also "NHL ready" but were sent back to juniors. Shinkaruk got hurt, Gaunce is lighting it up decently.

NHL ready is kind of a subjective term really. Anyone drafted is considered NHL ready, but how many rookies actually survive their first year without significant injury?

injury was from blocking a shot with his ankle in practice....LOL dream on

injury was from blocking a shot with his ankle in practice....LOL dream on

I thought he took it out going into the corner?

**edit, you're right. But it doesn't detract from the fact that a few points as a rookie far from makes him "NHL ready" I mean come on, he's playing in the league. Anyone playing in the league is by definition NHL ready and a lot more rookies lately are suffering significant injuries.

Monahan now having more value than 3 other kids who haven't even played a regular season game place a 3rd is kind of baffling. 3 other 1st round picks vs one 1st round pick with a handful of points playing top line minutes. I would say that is more than fair for current value.

I thought he took it out going into the corner?

**edit, you're right. But it doesn't detract from the fact that a few points as a rookie far from makes him "NHL ready" I mean come on, he's playing in the league. Anyone playing in the league is by definition NHL ready and a lot more rookies lately are suffering significant injuries.

Monahan now having more value than 3 other kids who haven't even played a regular season game place a 3rd is kind of baffling. 3 other 1st round picks vs one 1st round pick with a handful of points playing top line minutes. I would say that is more than fair for current value.

No its not even close to fair and Calgary does not even consider it. He doesn't play top line minutes either, he has played in a very limited role thus far as can be expected for a rookie. He has managed to put up points despite playing on an offensively challenged team and has not looked out of place or in over his head. In addition to that, he was drafted as a potential #1C and Calgary would never trade anyone with that kind of potential in their division. Calgary has not had a bonafide #1C in ages, Monahan has a chance to become that. He is also the best prospect the Flames have drafted since... god knows who.

Calgary also passed up on Shinkaruk with their own pick, tells us they are not all that high on him or they would have drafted him themselves.

All of the above reasons for why Monahan wont be traded.

Archived