The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

JENNY MCCARTHY: MY BAD-MY KID DOESN’T HAVE AUTISM

nucklehead

http://graneyandthepig.wordpress.com/2010/02/27/jenny-mccarthy-my-bad-turns-out-my-kid-doesnt-have-autism/

In an article in Time magazine, it’s revealed that McCarthy’s son NEVER had autism in the first place. It turns out the boy had been misdiagnosed and really has a rare neurological disorder. Fortunately, the child is getting better and no longer displays any signs of autism. However, McCarthy has not apologized for her misdirected zealotry against having children vaccinated.

Time article (requires subscription for full article)

http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1968100,00.html

"Green our vaccines"? WTF is that even supposed to mean? This topic pushes all my buttons

Apparently they don't want "toxins" in vaccines

What I really am is “anti-toxins” in the vaccines. I do believe that there is a correlation between vaccinations and autism. I don’t think it’s the sole cause, but I think they’re triggering–it’s triggering–autism in these kids. A really great example is…is, sometimes obesity can trigger diabetes. I do believe that vaccines can trigger autism…It’s so much more than just mercury. That is one ingredient in the recipe of autism…People don’t realize that there is aluminum, ether, antifreeze, still mercury, in the shots.

Unfortunately, polio is making a resurgence in parts of the world like Syria and Pakistan due partly to distrust of vaccines.

Vaccines are just the weakened version of the strain of the bacteria or virus (Polio, Small Pox etc.) required for the person to get the acquired immunity needed to defend against the disease. People are so ignorant about the whole vaccine thing and it drives me crazy how they could be against the one effective weapon humans have against such viral diseases. Our immune system needs the help of these vaccines to be able to recognize and effectively defend against certain strains of bacteria and viruses that are out there. Although I don't mind these stupid people not taking their vaccines, since our planet is already overpopulated and the more people that refuse to take vaccines and die off, the faster it decreases population growth.

I don't get vaccinated because I had a severe allergic reaction to the flu shot.

Highly unpleasant, wouldn't reccomend. I'd have rather had the flu.

Did they not give you a medical survey and ask you questions if you had any food allergies before taking the flu shot? I

Usually if you have allergies to eggs or some other food, you may be reactive to flu shots.

The nurse at school pointed at a wall then stuck me with a needle.

I didn't even know I was getting a shot, I just thought I was in trouble.

Negligence on her part for not asking, my parents never gave consent for this to happen either.

Archived