The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cheating in Relationships

dank.sinatra

I cheated on my Girlfriend of more than 2 years for the first time on NYE. She doesn't know and I don't plan on her finding out any time soon. I love my girlfriend very much and want to spend much more time with her. However I feel little to no remorse, I just don't see why a one night stand should change things. It was fun but I really don't care too much for the other girl. I know my girlfriend deserves to know and really the only thing that bothers me about the whole thing is that I can't risk telling her because we would all be better off if she didn't know. Anyway I'm not asking for advice or anything just wondering what other peoples opinions and experiences are regarding "cheating". Is anyone as indifferent as me? Has anyone maintained a relationship after cheating or being cheated on?

I cheated on my Girlfriend of more than 2 years for the first time on NYE. She doesn't know and I don't plan on her finding out any time soon. I love my girlfriend very much and want to spend much more time with her. However I feel little to no remorse, I just don't see why a one night stand should change things. It was fun but I really don't care too much for the other girl. I know my girlfriend deserves to know and really the only thing that bothers me about the whole thing is that I can't risk telling her because we would all be better off if she didn't know. Anyway I'm not asking for advice or anything just wondering what other peoples opinions and experiences are regarding "cheating". Is anyone as indifferent as me? Has anyone maintained a relationship after cheating or being cheated on?

Yeah... no you don't

It was fun but I really don't care too much for the other girl. I know my girlfriend deserves to know and really the only thing that bothers me about the whole thing is that I can't risk telling her because we would all be better off if she didn't know.

Of course YOU would be better off if she didn't know

How do you know she didn't cheat on you during her New Years festivities

Yeah... no you don't

If you really loved her, you wouldn't have cheated on her.

Looks like the biggest problem is the fact that you don't feel any remorse for what you did.

There is a difference between loving someone and being in love with someone.

You love your mom , sisters, cousins right?

Seems to me you are no longer in love with your girlfriend . You should break up with her. Should you tell her about the affair?

Not unless she asks . If the girl was someone both of you dont know and arent likely to know anytime soon, there is no need to hurt your girlfriend .

If she specifically asks if you cheated, then you owe it to her to tell her.

You're both going to get the clap and it's all your fault. How do you live with yourself?!?!?

On a more serious note it sounds like you lack the proper amount of compassion and respect for your partner required for a loving relationship. Honesty, empathy and respect are key. You have some serious growing up to do if you are going to get involved in serious relationships.

Archived