The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If we missed playoffs would that constitute a shake up? (unlikely)

Piggy Bank

In the unlikely case we Missout of playoffs this year, trade bait is key to a shake up.

Taken from the post below:

Please don't turn this into a proposals thread where people like outsiders feel it constitutes a time to make a edler + for reinhart and strome proposal.

We would look to move players such as a Kesler Edler or a Burrows.

How would you feel of this reality and opposing threat of what may be cause by a 'wildcard' system

Please don't turn this into a proposals thread where people like outsiders feel it constitutes a time to make a edler + for reinhart and strome proposal.

As for it constituting a shakeup, it absolutely does. The big question is what can we do? So many of our big guns have NTC's so it's hard to move out some of the boys.

That's the only thing I wonder about. I think Gillis has built this team to be a playoff team for 3-4 years, and is hoping that the cap keeps rising and he can add some players around the guys we have.

This should be our lineup in my opinion.

SEDIN - SEDIN - BURROWS

????? - KESLER - KASSIAN

HIGGINS - SANTORELLI - HANSEN

SESTITO - RICHARDSON - WEISE

DALPE

However we fill in that second line winger is a guess. But that is what we desperately need a solid winger.

In the unlikely case we Missout of playoffs this year, trade bait is key to a shake up.

How would you feel of this reality and opposing threat of what may be cause by a 'wildcard' system

All 3 players you have mentioned have no trade clauses. Unless you want to trade Kesler home to Detroit for Weiss (and you would be an idiot); bet on all 3 being here...

We have a shake up coming next year; already orchestrated though. Inclusive we will see a full time transition of the Sedins as 2knd liners, a move that already started 5 weeks ago. Then at least two, probably three of Horvat, Shinkaruk, Gaunce, Jensen and Corrado will make the team. Kassian will finally take that bigger role. IMO that means we will trade the rights to Weise and Schroeder plus let Alberts go.;

Horvat Kesler Kassian Beastly!

Danny Hank Burrows

Higgins Gaunce Santorelli Cracker of a two way 3rd line that can score, Gaunce is huge btw, flanked by speed!

Sestito Richardson Hansen Best 4th line in the NHL?

Dalpe, Booth

Edler Tanev

Hamhuis Corrado

Garrison Bieksa

Stanton

Of all the playful posts i have engaged in; this is the most serious and truest to what I expect to happen opf anything I have ever posted!

FTR, someone is always injured. Booth wont be $4.2 mill in the press box often. Not that I personally would target keeping him. Management proved with Ballard they have no fear of paying someone to sit and are reluctant to cut bait for nothing.

Now, the variable is how much cap space? Horvat and Gaunce add $1.4, Alberts washes with Corrado. I project Kassian eats an extra $1 mill, Santorelli $1.9. Dalpe stays the same on a 1 way! Hansen adds 1.15, the Twins $1.8. Thats $7.25 > most of the cap upgrade. Folks, expect re-shuffling within existing assets.

Dont expect David Clarkson for $37 mill!

Similarly, with more cap around the league; dont expect Iginla to sign for a $1.8 mill cap hit either...

First I see the possibility of Gillis being let go. While it isn't his blame to take entirely two first round exits and then missing the playoffs could be the end of the line for him, Gilman could get his shot. I find this unlikely but still a possibility.

I do see Edler moved if his play isn't up to par for the remainder of the season. Also a push for one or two prime UFA candidates (callahan, camellari, stastny, etc.)

I could also see Kassian moved in order to sign an established top 6 RW so we could run Burrows, UFA, Hansen down the right.

Booth is unlikely to be bought out unless he really struggles the rest of the season.

It would be an interesting offseason, but not one too different from what I think we will see anyways.

Well, we won't miss the playoffs thats for sure. In fact, I have a feeling that we will make the playoffs and go deep. Our team has a lot of injuries to key players like Burrows, Edler, Stanton, Schroeder etc. Once those 4 players come back in a month it will give this roster a huge boost. The big thing is to see how Schroeder perform after his injury.

Well, we won't miss the playoffs thats for sure. In fact, I have a feeling that we will make the playoffs and go deep. Our team has a lot of injuries to key players like Burrows, Edler, Stanton, Schroeder etc. Once those 4 players come back in a month it will give this roster a huge boost. The big thing is to see how Schroeder perform after his injury.

Honestly the difference between not making the playoffs and making a deep run in the playoffs isn't very far apart this year in the west. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if any of the bubble teams didn't make the playoffs or made a deep run.

Wait, weren't we losing games when we had 3 of the 4 players you mentioned, in the lineup?

This should be our lineup in my opinion.

SEDIN - SEDIN - BURROWS

????? - KESLER - KASSIAN

HIGGINS - SANTORELLI - HANSEN

SESTITO - RICHARDSON - WEISE

DALPE

However we fill in that second line winger is a guess. But that is what we desperately need a solid winger.

Kassian has got great potential, but he isn't anywhere near good enough to play on the second line over Santo, Higgins and Hansen. At this point I'd even say that Richardson and Weise are better hockey players than he is.

Any shake up we make consists of losing 1 coach, bottom 6 players or our utility D man in Alberts. Bringing in youth and letting the cards lie where they fall. Remember every single team in our conference is about to get hit hard via cap and re-signing issues where we for once will not have that issue at all. Any move we make would end up as cap relief

Not a bad thing to maintain the status quo for once

With Burrows he can play RW LW or C...That's a guy that's hard to let go of that can slot anywhere into the lineup...Kesler wont go anywhere would be a bad move and Edler I would rather try on the wing before moving him...if it works great we know he can score and if it fails then I would be considering moving him but again that's if he continue his blueline blunders...and also if Edler moves to wing we would have a big hole on defence with guys needed to eat those min...Against Tampa it was shown our d cant sustain the min they have been playing as of late so would do something like a 2nd to Florida for Jovo(theres a million other deals just using this as an example) so we can get back to stability on the blueline and as for peple wanting Callahan/Stasiny/Cammo are these guys worth 7mil? That will be the asking price and if we pay it leaves other holes in the lineup that people scramble to want top guys in...Gillis is smart he wont go all in on 1 guy he will bring in lesser names like he did with Santo to improve the roster without burning all the cap

Archived