The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Collegiate Players of Interest

We know MG likes to take a look at NCAA hockey players, and there are a few I think might be on the radar at the moment:

• Sam Brittain - Canadian goalie who has great numbers this year, and in two of his previous three seasons at Denver.
  • Tanner Fritz - Big RW from Fort St. John. Good speed and vision, doesn't score too many goals. Probably worthy of a season or two with the Comets.
  • Ryan Haggerty - American with 30 goals in his last 50 games. Good size.
  • Ryan Dzingel - Never seen him play, But pretty much a PPG player after 2 and a half years in the NCAA. Good size. Was drafted by Ottawa a few years ago, but I can't see a report of him ever signing with them.

Anyone else that interests any of you?

We don't need another goalie.

Fritz- 5'11" is big?

Haggerty - Possibly, we do need offence, especially goals. You neglected to mention it's 30 goals in two seasons.

Dzingel - Good size? He's an inch taller than Fritz. A bit of a drop off from previous year.

None of these four really offer much. Unless scouts have found Haggerty is a pure sniper, and has sick speed.

Hard to judge unless you've seen them play.

This might be a thread worth Pinning. Ondrej was the guy I wanted last year but Yzerman got him handily. Ondrej and Lain would have been awesome size additions to the team.

I don't know enough about the posted players to comment but I will go check them out. one thing is for sure though, we need to start drafting D and RW soon so I will happily take a flyer on a speedy or capable RW if it doesn't cost us anything.

We don't need another goalie.

Fritz- 5'11" is big?

Haggerty - Possibly, we do need offence, especially goals. You neglected to mention it's 30 goals in two seasons.

Dzingel - Good size? He's an inch taller than Fritz. A bit of a drop off from previous year.

We don't need another goalie, but if we sign him and he is good, we have an asset that might interest someone else.

Fritz and Dzingel weigh as much as Kesler - a problem with NCAA point producers is that a lot of them can be 5'6" and weigh 150 lbs. The point I was making is that this isn't the case with these guys. If they can't produce the points at this level, then they might still have a 4th line role or something.

Re: Haggerty - it's still 30 goals in 50 games. NCAA teams usually only play ~35 games a year.

Archived