The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Horvat

nucks4sure

Have watched Horvat for the entire world juniors and this kid has no offensive skills to be seen.Have watched him own the backside of the net.He turns away from the front far to many times when he could have easily drove the net..All I see is a 3rd liner to this point.

Have watched Horvat for the entire world juniors and this kid has no offensive skills to be seen.Have watched him own the backside of the net.He turns away from the front far to many times when he could have easily drove the net..All I see is a 3rd liner to this point.

Good for you :) Start the Horvat is a bust thread see how many reply's you get

Yep...definately a bust! :shock:

Jamie Benn played 4th line in the world juniors....

He's turned out to be a great 3rd liner.

Horvat is out there a lot, but OP is right. There's little to no offense, but he's been the most reliable defensively which may not be saying much, since it doesn't seem like anyone on the Canada teams know anything about the defensive side of the game.

Guy clearly out to play a role, but eventually needs to start taking a bit more risks.

You obviously have not been watching the whole time. He sniped a goal in the pre tournament game and has been posting assists in almost every game. He is not the type of player that is going to be lighting the lamp night in and night out. His defensive play is his best part. His faceoff percentage is stellar, his penalty killing is great (did you happen to see that blocked shot on the pk?) This guy will for sure crack the canucks roster next year.

He has 44 points in 28 games for London. If he'd played every game at the OHL level, he'd be top five in scoring.

Yeah, sounds like a guy with "no offensive skills"...

You can't judge a player completely by their play in the world juniors, especially a player who's playing the team's toughest defensive minutes.

Archived