The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

adding awards?

Piggy Bank

i see often that rookie of the year will go to a forward. reasons being the offensive skill and politics that blend togther.

i propose that they braeak that up and do

forward calder

defense calder

and goalie calder

likely with mackinnon finding his groove lately he should keep it up and win.

but torey krug is just incredible

5'9 defender undrafted dominating

as it stands i would give

forward: hertl (playing great and had a gnarly 4 goal game)

defender: krug (playing big minutes, sniper from the point, very clutch)

goalie: LA Kings, back up, back up. first 6 games/6 wins

I disagree. No need to water down the award. It should go to the best rookie, period.

A rookie for 100 points (60 goals 40 assist) or a rookie goalie with 40 wins with 930 save % and 1.89 gaa.

Who would you give the award to and how do you determine who wins if both put up great numbers and is a differencemaker

A rookie for 100 points (60 goals 40 assist) or a rookie goalie with 40 wins with 930 save % and 1.89 gaa.

Who would you give the award to and how do you determine who wins if both put up great numbers and is a differencemaker

Those stats obviously don't tell the whole story. It would all depend on what the supporting cast was like.

Too bad this will never happen in a million years

But damn 60 goals, probably the skater.

I disagree. No need to water down the award. It should go to the best rookie, period.

I think seperating defensive defencemen from offensive defencemen is the best idea.

Orr = Best Offensive D-man

Norris = Best Defensive D-man

It makes a lot of sense.

They should add a Gretzky Trophy (most assists) and an Orr trophy (best offensive defenseman).

Also should be a be one for the forward with most penalty kill assists, and one for the defenseman with most penalty kill points. As well and the award for the player who should've had more points but just didn't get them award. And an award for the goalie with the best positioning.

This, not to mention MacKinnon over Hertl (with Hertl being out long term with injury) and Jones only having played 6 games before being relegated to the AHL again so why Lack wouldn't get more consideration is beyond me. Terrible choices apart from Krug.

Same way you would decide the Hart for players who have stats like that, persnal opinion.

Archived