The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

how would you build a hockey team

So I was playing nhl 14 the other day & was building a team, and got to thinking, without names, here how I would build mine.

Forward: The top 6 would have the following in any order, a power forward, playmaker, sniper, any order, anyway you want. The 3rd liners would be a 2 way player, a grinder, & a solid checker. 4th line would be couple of tough guys(who can actually play to, no kypreos, or thorntons, and a grinder.

Defense: 1st pair, an offensive & a 2 way

2nd pair 2 way, defensive

3rd, both defensive dman.

Goalies: 1 goalie who is a hybrid, doesn't flop, good post to post,

1 butterfly.

This has worked for me on nhl 14. How would you build yours?

My NHL 14 team is built like so -

PWF - SNP - PLY

SNP - TWF - SNP

PWF - TWF - GRN

SNP - PLY - GRN

OFD - TWD

TWD - TWD

DFD - TWD

HYB

HYB

With the majority of the games being simulations this team has worked great for me.

TBH I don't build my team in any particular order like that...afterall the game can class a guy as a playmaker but hes also 6'3 230 so I use him as a playmaking powerforward same with snipers and 2way always fits into my lineup and interchange with powerforwards...defence I stick with 2way and defensive

and goaltending I pick whoever works lol

So I was playing nhl 14 the other day & was building a team, and got to thinking, without names, here how I would build mine.

Forward: The top 6 would have the following in any order, a power forward, playmaker, sniper, any order, anyway you want. The 3rd liners would be a 2 way player, a grinder, & a solid checker. 4th line would be couple of tough guys(who can actually play to, no kypreos, or thorntons, and a grinder.

Defense: 1st pair, an offensive & a 2 way

2nd pair 2 way, defensive

3rd, both defensive dman.

Goalies: 1 goalie who is a hybrid, doesn't flop, good post to post,

1 butterfly.

This has worked for me on nhl 14. How would you build yours?

boyz-ice-hockey-meme-generator-join-our-ice-hockey-team-we-ll-turn-boyz-ii-men-dcd92b.jpg?1348462589.jpg

SCOTT X 3

SCOTT X 3

SCOTT X 3

SCOTT X 3

Chara buff

Buff chara

Chara buff

Emery

Schneider

So three pylons on the ice at the same time, well make that 4 with Buff and 1 legit hockey player. I think it would be pretty easy to deke 4 pylons and score on Emery blindfolded.

Playmaker sniper power forward

Sniper. Two way player. Playmaker

Checkers and grinders

Tough guys who can play all on offense

On defense

Offensive defensive and a puck mover

Shut down players with offensive ability some

Defensive stay at home defenseman

SNP - PLY - TWF

TWF- TWF - PWF

PWF - TWF - TWF

TWF - GRN - GRN/ENF < Not John Scotts but some tough guys that can atleast pass the puck forward.

DFD - DFD

TWD - DFD

DFD - OFD

HYB

BUT

Basically I want a strong defense and reliable forwards. In NHL 14, I have a bunch of PWFs and just crash the net but this is how I would build my real life team.

If I were building an NHL team(not a video game team) I tend to be a believer in building from the defense out. I spend whatever it takes to have a top 2 pairing of elite Dman, IE Weber, Doughty, then I would fill the rest of the blue line with big guys who play a strong shutdown game, Robyn Regerh types, Then I would build up a top line that's speedy and skilled, while my other 3 lines would be bigger gritty guys. I would rather have three lines made of guys who can score 15-30 goals a season, but play a solid two way game, and have big net crashing size. Goaltending wise, I would go for a duo of average goaltenders who can split games almost 50/50 threw out the season, rather then one Bonafied number one. Then ride whoever is hotter in the playoffs. Basically I believe in Darryl Sutters theory that it's a 3-2 league, and I would build a team that will frustrate and grind you to death, and is comfortable winning 2-1 or 3-2 games.

Archived