The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Swiss Olympic Team Released- Congrats Yannick Weber!

Visp

Here is the full Swiss Sochi Olympic Roster, for anyone interested:

Forwards- Andres Ambühl, Matthias Bieber, Simon Bodenmann, Damien Brunner, Luca Cunti, Ryan Gardner, Denis Hollenstein, Simon Moser, Nino Niederreiter, Martin Plüss, Kevin Romy, Reto Suri, Morris Trachsler, Roman Wick.

Defenders- Severin Blindenbacher, Rafael Diaz, Philippe Furrer, Roman Josi, Mathias Seger, Mark Streit, Julien Vauclair, Yannick Weber.

Goalies- Reto Berra, Jonas Hiller und Tobias Stephan.

weber_haut_grand.jpg

No Bärtschi?
No Sbisa? He should be okay to play in February judging by this, so why no Olympics?

They've been named to the taxi squad, but Sbisa having been out so much they'd be worried about his form coming back from that, and Bartschi hasn't done much this year to prove he'd be an asset.

But congrats to Weber, who was playing poorly to start the year but has since turned it around and is playing reasonably well.

Where is the legend Reto Von Arx

This is probably a joke but anyways...way back when him and Michel Riesen (former Oilers draft pick) went out partying during the olympics (if I remember correctly they had just played their last game). Coach didn't like it and after that they both refused to ever play for Switzerland again.

This is probably a joke but anyways...way back when him and Michel Riesen (former Oilers draft pick) went out partying during the olympics (if I remember correctly they had just played their last game). Coach didn't like it and after that they both refused to ever play for Switzerland again.

I believe it was Reto von Arx and Marcel Jenni who were sent home from the games that year. And the coach who made the cut; Ralph Krueger :lol:

To me, Martin Plüss is the heart & soul of the swiss team.

I believe it was Reto von Arx and Marcel Jenni who were sent home from the games that year. And the coach who made the cut; Ralph Krueger :lol:

To me, Martin Plüss is the heart & soul of the swiss team.

Pluss and Ambuhl ;) No idea why the young Hollenstein would get in over Baertschi though! Hopp Schwiiz

Congratulations Yannick.

Good skater who moves the puck well and has a big shot - his game is well suited to international ice surfaces, particularly with the absence of the huge, less skilled, physical depth forwards in the NHL.

The Swiss are quickly closing the gap on parity in the international game.

Best of luck.

Id say this is probably the best team the Swiss have ever iced at the Olympics. Curious to see who they go with for a starting goaltender. Probably Hiller as he has a lot more NHL experience, however Berra has been pretty impressive in his big league debut, he defanetly needs to work on his rebound control though.

Archived