The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Dany Heatley

Would Dany Heatley play better with the Sedins? His play really declined since going to Minnesota. I know he has baggage but is a true Power Forward. Could he be our "Bertuzzi" like in Detroit?

He wouldn't be very expensive as a UFA in the offseason…. 2 years 4 mil per?

SEDIN - SEDIN - HEATLEY

HIGGINS - KESLER - KASSIAN

BURROWS - SANTORELLI - HANSEN

SESTITO - RICHARDSON - ARCHIBALD

Would Dany Heatley play better with the Sedins? His play really declined since going to Minnesota. I know he has baggage but is a true Power Forward. Could he be our "Bertuzzi" like in Detroit?

He wouldn't be very expensive as a UFA in the offseason.

SEDIN - SEDIN - HEATLEY

HIGGINS - KESLER - KASSIAN

BURROWS - SANTORELLI - HANSEN

SESTITO - RICHARDSON - ARCHIBALD

It would depend on the price for me. With his contract ending this season he is low risk and the Wild have little reason to keep him with how he is playing so if he comes without having to give up a strong prospect or pick I would take the chance,

Though I consider him a sniper and not a power forward.

It would depend on the price for me. With his contract ending this season he is low risk and the Wild have little reason to keep him with how he is playing so if he comes without having to give up a strong prospect or pick I would take the chance,

Though I consider him a sniper and not a power forward.

Yeah your right more of a sniper… like Jeff Carter. He might be worth the risk for 1 or 2 years at the right price of course.

If we signed him maybe I would put him with Kesler and make that the new 1st line. The only type of player I want to see with the sedins is a guy who has decent hands, will go to the front of the net, and can scrap. When I say scrap I don't mean throwing a punch and then tying up the guy and hanging on for dear life either, I mean a guy who can survive against legit hws and KO wannabe tough guys. Chris Stewart, evander Kane, lucic, and Tom Wilson come to mind but they'll be expensive. Jordan tootoo is worth giving a chance IMHO as he would cost almost nothing to pick up and if it doesn't work you can try him on the other lines.

I wouldn't bet on him making a significant comeback. Heatley is a weapon but also a lazy bum. The signings of Sutter and Parise didn't energize him so what is it going to take? He has been brutal this season and it's a contract year. Killing a guy probably hasn't helped his career, bloody hands are a bit of a distraction me thinks.

I wouldn't bet on him making a significant comeback. Heatley is a weapon but also a lazy bum. The signings of Sutter and Parise didn't energize him so what is it going to take? He has been brutal this season and it's a contract year. Killing a guy probably hasn't helped his career, bloody hands are a bit of a distraction me thinks.

You really ran your post into the ground. Dan Snyder died in 2003 over 10 years ago now. His 2 next NHL seasons after Snyder's death happened to be his best NHL seasons with 50 goals and 103 and 105 points. Which runs that theory into the ground as well.

As far as re-energizing goes it isn't about the players on the team or who they sign. When your job gets a new coworker for you does it make you feel amazing on the inside? It comes from the player going to a new team and adapting to a new lifestyle as well as a new hockey system and atmosphere. It rejuvenates the soul.

You really ran your post into the ground. Dan Snyder died in 2003 over 10 years ago now. His 2 next NHL seasons after Snyder's death happened to be his best NHL seasons with 50 goals and 103 and 105 points. Which runs that theory into the ground as well.

As far as re-energizing goes it isn't about the players on the team or who they sign. When your job gets a new coworker for you does it make you feel amazing on the inside? It comes from the player going to a new team and adapting to a new lifestyle as well as a new hockey system and atmosphere. It rejuvenates the soul.

When you switch employers does it make you feel amazing inside? Sure doesn't for Dany Heatley. He was on the way down when he left San Jose and kept on going in Minny. The team sucked but they signed two star players and that didn't motivate him. Now he is in a contract year and he is even less motivated than ever. Eventually you have to wonder if there is something effecting his play outside of hockey. He killed a guy, sure he had success after that, but scoring goals doesn't make you forget a mistake like that. I don't really know, it is just a theory, but something is seriously wrong with him and changing teams is unlikely to fix it.

Guy is not a powerforward. He was, and obviously still is, a slow skater with an amazing shot and had a knack of scoring on his chances.

One of the few players that make the Sedins look fast.

Could fit well with Daniel and Henrik, given his speed and knack for getting into a scorers position, but I'm not sure how well his cycle game is.

When you switch employers does it make you feel amazing inside? Sure doesn't for Dany Heatley. He was on the way down when he left San Jose and kept on going in Minny. The team sucked but they signed two star players and that didn't motivate him. Now he is in a contract year and he is even less motivated than ever. Eventually you have to wonder if there is something effecting his play outside of hockey. He killed a guy, sure he had success after that, but scoring goals doesn't make you forget a mistake like that. I don't really know, it is just a theory, but something is seriously wrong with him and changing teams is unlikely to fix it.

New city. new place, new life. Yeah it can. Though don't take it to literally its mainly the new team and new role that can spark a player.

You're obsession with Heatley and Snyder's death is weird. I get disliking him for it but now you're just stretching and sound looney. So Heatley accidentally killed a guy 10 years ago and instead of feeling remorse so extreme that it harmed his career immediately it waited 6 years to start to effect him at all? Are you a shrink with legit theory on this or maybe personal experience in killing someone? Just sounds weird and made up like a personal grudge to me.

As far as Heatley goes he has been maintaining a pace of about 25 goals a season since his 39 goal season as a Shark. It may not be 40-50 but that isn't a realistic number to expect from a player every year and it's not like a player going on 33 is on the upswing of his career.

Archived